• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you think they will add more countries?

There was a Rumanian(possibly also had Hungarian stuff as well) mod for regular RO, they had some great weapons/models in it, sadly nobody played it. They even had a working mortar in the mod. I would not mind seeing Rumanian, Hungarian, and Italian weapons ingame as they were present in the Soviet Union during that era. Furthermore, since this game is based on the "climax" of Stalingrad and the above mentioned nations took part in the battles in and around Stalingrad, it would only be fair to add them into the game. That is also why the name ALLIES for the Russians annoys the **** out of me because when I hear "the allies are taking the objective" I think, what?? the Italians, Rumanians, and Hungarians actually taking an objective? Surely you jest. But than I remember the blatent racism of WWII shooters and remember that Germany had no allies at all. Funny how that is, or that people think Waffen-SS was some super Nazi unit when most of their soldiers weren't even German but volunteers from other territory fighting for whatever goals they were be it belief that Germany would bring new order in Europe (popular in Holland, Belgium, France, Scandinavia) or fighting against the oppresive Soviet Regime (Ukrainian, Latvian, Estonian, Russian, and all the hundreds of other groups within the Soviet Union) or fighters who just despised communism or looking for adventure (Scandinavia, Western Europe).

http://www.moddb.com/mods/carpathian-crosses

Reactions: Tomten and DasFist
Upvote 0
Like Britain, USA or Japan?

Oh an since I can't edit my post for some stupid reason a mod has to approve it, there is a group working on a Pacific mod meaning the Japs and Yanks. How far they got along I do not know, but from what I hear they been at it for quite a while.

It might be this but I don`t recognize any of these names, although I do recall them looking into making a flamethrower (wonder how that will go).

http://www.risingstormgame.com/

Upvote 0

Sweet Lebanon; its like 2 remakes of HL mods. The Trenches and Tour of Duty. Both were excellent mods, especially TT. TT was amazing I just loved the bolt action melee combo just epic. Unfortuantely, not many played ToD but it was an amazing mod so many original ideas that went to waste. For some reason Vietnam games don`t do to well, probably cause the yanks lost and can`t face it. Thats why they never get bored of re-playing D-day 100 times in 100 different games.

Upvote 0
I would love to have a Vietnam mod... but somehow I can't imagine anyone would want to play as Vietcong... :confused:

But I think RO will focus on Germans vs Russians. Adding Romanians or Italians would be too much of work, I think.

Anyway, I'd like to see other theatres of war being modded; like Western Front of course, or this 1946 scenario anyone suggested.

Upvote 0
To RO2, No, im pretty sure the name "Red Orchestra" is related to russians somehow, however mods will most probably cover the other factions of the war.

Oddly enough, the name "Red Orchestra" (Die Rote Kapelle), doesn't really fit a game that takes place in Russia. It was a name given by the Germans for a Russian spy ring that operated out side of Russia and in various other countries in Europe such as France, Switzerland and even in Germany.

I know this because in another game I used to fight some guys called Die Rote Kapelle which is the German translation of Red Orchestra.

Meaning in theory we should all be doing espionage and spying in German occupied Europe out side of Russia. Hence the name really has no hold to fighting in Russia other than it was Russians spying on Germans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0