• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DLC weapon idea for Firebug

TheMersodusGames

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 5, 2020

Introducing the tier 3 weapon for Firebug. China lake grenade launcher with incendiary grenades!​

china-lake-grenade-launcher-3d-model-low-poly-max-obj-3ds-fbx.jpg
Three-charge Ignition Grenade Launcher Shotgun? Yes, just like that, cool right? (Possible cross perk with Support or Demolitionist)

Tier: 3
Weight: 5
Cost: Đ 1300
Ammo Cost: Đ 17
Mag. Size: 3
Spare Ammo Capacity: 30
Starting Ammo: 3 + 9

Stats:
1) DAMAGE: 338
2) FIRE RATE: 80
3) ACCURACY: 100
3) PENETRATION: 0

Weapon Powers:
Gun hit power (grenade direct hit) = 150.
Knockdown power (grenade direct hit) = 115.
Knockdown power (grenade explosion) = up to 50.
Stumble power (grenade direct hit) = 125.
Stumble power (grenade explosion) = up to 90

Reload:
Reload 1 (elite, if not empty, preparation draw) = 0.66s.
Reload 1 (if not empty, preparation draw) = 0.84s.
Reload 2 (elite, if empty, 1st shell) = 1.53s.
Reload 2 (if empty, 1st shell) = 1.92s.
Reload 3 (each next shell) = 0.92s.
Reload 3 (elite, each next shell) = 0.70s

Upgrate:
Upg2 (700): Base damage x1.3, Base weight + 1.
Upg3 (1500): Base damage x1.5, Base weight + 2.

Loved this grenade launcher when I played about 300+ hours in PD2)))))))

Oh boy, I always loved the China Lake ! A pump-action grenade launcher just sounds cool in every way possible. Considering Tripwire's knack for obscure and funky weaponry (the AF-2011 anyone?), it's kinda weird they didn't use that instead of the much more well-known M79 "Thumper".

I don't know why it should be a crossperked gun with the Support though...? Having a pump-action seems like a very lousy explanation for it. I could see the Demo using it however, I guess it could be a T3 and thus beg the question : should you rely on versatility (M16) or a cranked-up M79 as you wait for the superior M32 ?

But the one perk I would be the most excited for would definitely be the Firebug. I guess a proper explosive gun is the only thing that the perk doesn't have as of yet (although the Incendiary Rifle and Husk Cannon are somewhat similar). I am, however, a bit scared that you might pretty much fill the only gap he doesn't truly fill as of yet : big zeds. I mean... Sure, the MWG can definitely bring down a Fleshpound. And even scrakes can falter to an upgraded trenchgun. But he's still very much a crowd killer. Thus having incendiary grenades might be a bit too efficient assuming they have a lot of damage on impact. Maybe they could provoke a mediocre explosion but instead spread fire in a large radius, pretty much acting as a "Molotov Launcher" of some sort?

(Still really digging the design tho <3 )

Upvote 0