• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Diving on a grenade

Definitely works in RS; I can't speak for RO2. I've done it a few times when I threw a nade that hit something and bounced back or accidentally underhanded a nade that landed at my feet, and I preferred the suicide penalty to a bunch of TKs. The most memorable occasion was when I was a Japanese squad leader on Hanto, spawning my squad into a hut in the B objective zone. I had several of my squad mates in the hut with me and I tried to toss a nade out the door, and it hit the door frame and landed right in the middle of us. I was already prone so I crawled over it and blew up, but my squad survived. One of them even took notice of what happened and lauded me for my heroism. I don't know if he realized it was my grenade in the first place. ;)

Upvote 0
In RO2, if you jump on a German grenade, you and your buddy is dead meat, if you jump on a Russian grenade, your buddy is safe. :)

But i wonder why the throw back option was never created, sure it was in some arcade game before, i loved kicking that grenade away into the faces of German soldiers in MOH:Airborne. :D

If a grenade lands in front of you in real life you got two options pretty much, run or throw it back.

Upvote 0
If a grenade lands in a room, especially if it lands between you and the door, you wanna throw it away rather than running across the room.
If you are prone and it lands on front of you, you want to throw it back.
Hoewever if it's 5m from you, you run away.

Of course you need to look at it to pick it up, make it a special occasion in which left mouse button picks up, holds it as long you hold down LMB and releasing it throws. But unlike CoD you need to look at it.

Upvote 0
Yeah, this obnoxious pick up system! :D I so hate it, when you pick up a weapon and it is not in the inventory despite pick up sound and it's no longer on the ground.
Also being unable to pick up an SMG as a rifleman in a house-to-house fighting map like Apartments is beyond imagination on the scale of hatred and rage. :D

Upvote 0
Ah well actually, on the front of picking up grenades, it'd be vastly more reliable (In terms of the player picking them up) because the grenades are server-side, therefore they are always in the same position for everyone, thus the issue of crouch-walking in a circle to pick something up wont be an issue for them. Unlike dropped weapons which for some reason are a mixed bag of where the gun first dropped (server side) and where the gun model rolls / flies away to (client side).

And at least nades don't ever disappear underground like guns sometimes do. :p

Upvote 0
Ah well actually, on the front of picking up grenades, it'd be vastly more reliable (In terms of the player picking them up) because the grenades are server-side, therefore they are always in the same position for everyone, thus the issue of crouch-walking in a circle to pick something up wont be an issue for them. Unlike dropped weapons which for some reason are a mixed bag of where the gun first dropped (server side) and where the gun model rolls / flies away to (client side).

And at least nades don't ever disappear underground like guns sometimes do. :p

A mix of client- and server-side for dropped weapons? I didn't know that, interesting. It explains the odd behavior of dropped grenades that roll. They almost never can be picked up at the location that they appear to have stopped rolling.

My workaround for this is to start spamming ctrl at the point that they sit, up toward the point that they initially were dropped. Usually the pickup happens much closer to the drop spot than the rolled spot... if it happens at all.

Upvote 0
Oh god, the rolling grenade tease..... :mad:

I can't tell you how many times I've been killed trailing after smoke grenades when we really, really need another smoke grenade. Pick pretty much any map with an uphill objective, and I've had a rolling grenade slowly lead me out of cover to have the top of my head blown off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0