• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Disconnections with wlan USB adapter

Uurastaja

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 20, 2008
Finntart
I bought a D-Link DWL-G122 wlan USB adapter so that I could have a wireless connection for my PC, but after a few minutes of usage, the connection disconnects and Zyxel's configuration website opens saying that I have no DSL connection. Minute later the connection works, but soon it disconnects again.

I live in a block of flats where some people have wlan routers, but all of them and mine are secured. My router (Zyxel P-660HW-D1) is placed behind a wall in the other room, but the signal shouldn't be a problem since it's always excellent. Latest drivers for the USB adapter have also been installed.

Help would be appreciated as I don't feel like drilling a hole in the wall in order to get the cable inside my room.

The driver installer asked if I wanted to use D-Link's connection manager, but since Windows' own connection manager was recommended I chose it.

Apparently I had installed old drivers that didn't work properly with XP SP3. Due to this the wlanapi.dll file that got installed with the drivers messed up with the SP3 one and I got some errors during startup. Luckily I found better drivers from some random forum post and now it works better.

But thanks anyways.

Upvote 0