• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Disappearing weapons....WHY??

callumg1988

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2010
Hey all

Something that has been annoying my friends and I lately, is when someone dies early, whether due to stupidity on our part or a bad run. If someone 'carries' the weapons will disappear unless someone has the luck and skill to swap weapons mid carry (highly risky and nearly killed me on a carry run more than once). Do people think this actually adds anything to gameplay? Except making it so when the carry is pulled off everyone is at a huge handicap with rubbish weapons and basically wipe a wave soonafter anyway. Just curious if anyone can think of a good reason they should disappear, because to me it's just obnoxious, normally its only one or two of squad and easy to rectify but if its 5/6 6, ouch, wipe incoming. Thanks! :)

This annoys me too - If it's to prevent hoarding of spare weapons or such during trader time, I don't see why it also applies to death-dropped weapons.

Often your weapon has <1 min left when you respawn and you have the choice of either going to the trader, or retrieving your weapon, but not both.

If stockpiling weapons once every wave by having 5/6 people intentionally suicide might be an issue, simply have the 5 min timer only start when the next round starts for death-dropped weapons.

Upvote 0
Weapons stay on the ground for at least 5 minutes in my experience... which is longer than they did when the game first was released.

This time ended up being extended to help with boss waves before the ammo box respawn rate on boss waves was adjusted, which made it irrelevant.

Weapons eventually vanish to help with server memory/performance I believe. Similar settings are in place to limit how many c4 you can have on the ground at a time and so on.

Upvote 0