• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Disappearing rounds?

yunless

Apr 21, 2015
Category: Code

Reproducibility: Frequent

Summary: Weapons fully loaded often lose a round as though discharged; another weapon was being held.

Description: I have been experiencing this issue with the following weapons:
  • Medic SMG
  • Medic AR
  • Support M4
  • Support AA12
  • Commando AR15
  • Commando AK
  • Commando SCAR

To describe in further detail, this issue only occurs when I have two primary weapons. After reloading one, usually the weapon placed higher in the section, I would switch to the other primary weapon to reload it too. However, when I bring the first reloaded weapon back out, it is missing a round. IE Medic assault rifle has 29, Support AA12 has 19.

This issue has also occurred after I fill ammo from the trader. I would reload the weapon, fill ammo from the trader, only to have the round disappear once I close the trader menu.

The reason I say "disappearing round" is because the round does not "return to pouch". It literally disappears as though it was discharged, even though the weapon was not being wielded at the point of time.

Hope I haven't made it too confusing by explaining too much.

Online/Offline: Online (Have not tested it offline)

The addition of the "Last Used Weapon" key has provided a small work around for this bug. The bug only occurs when scrolling or using the number keys to change weapons. It does not happen then using the "Last Used Weapon" key. It also only happens online, and not in a solo game. I am unsure if it happens when connected to a server on a LAN environment, though.

To people having this issue, you can reduce its frequency by using the "Last Used Weapon" key.

Upvote 0