• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Differnt types of tank ammo?

Nikolai said:
No the pz III have the worst armor of all the German tanks in the game if I remember correctly.

Not realy

The Panzer III Ausf L (thats in game) has
Hull
Front: 50mm +20mm
Side: 30mm
Rear: 50mm

Turret
Mantlet: 50mm +20mm
Rear: 30mm

The Panzer IV F2 (aka G) wich is in the game has
Hull
Front:50mm
Side:30mm
Rear:20mm

Turret
Front:50mm
Mantlet:50mm
Side:30mm
Rear:30mm

so for the most part thy have the same armor but the panzer III has more armor on the rear and spaced armo on the front turret and hull.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Heinz said:
yikes! it would never last that long! ;)

I finally found the "sweet" spot for a JS-2. I was able to kill it head-on, with 1 hit at 750m, using APCR.

But, back to the question. I've spent about 40 mins shoot the JS-2 at different ranges with the Pz III. And I've been avoiding the "sweet" spot. I seems that the AP(BC) and APCR are modelled to do the same amount of damage, once they defeat the armour. If it is different, then it's too slight to notice when shoot head-on.

So, I still believe that if you're in a Pz III, use the APCR, as it is better able to defeat tank armour.

Upvote 0
Nebfer said:
Not realy

The Panzer III Ausf L (thats in game) has
Hull
Rear: 50mm

this is the sort of data I was working off, but if you look at the RO:OST in the Historical and Tactical Guide in the dowload section, the PzIII only has 30mm of armour all round. So chances are it's been modelled in this "light" configuration, rather than the "heavier" configuration both of us have found.

Upvote 0