• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Did the update crash everyone else?

Critical Error! 3rd unsuccessful tries! What to do??

Critical Error! 3rd unsuccessful tries! What to do??

i have been receiving this error after finishing today's latest update! after 5 unsuccessful tries which i have not experienced before in my entire KF lifetime :(

============================================
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1995 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE (6099)

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

err! that lousy 'Submit Bug Report' button doesn't work :mad:

please enlighten me or i'll be grumpy the whole weekend! :D

Upvote 0
i have been receiving this error after finishing today's latest update! after 5 unsuccessful tries which i have not experienced before in my entire KF lifetime :(

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1995 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE (6099)

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

err! that lousy 'Submit Bug Report' button doesn't work :mad:

please enlighten me or i'll be grumpy the whole weekend! :D

Close Steam, navigate to your killing floor folder and delete the system folder, then load Steam and verify the game cache, this will rewrite the KF system files. Yosh recomended this in another thread.

NB, be sure to back up any custom files such as mutators and map related gizmos, Steam will not restore them for you.

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply Gartley! though i'm a bit afraid to tread the 'deleting folder' or any file for that matter.. only if it's a matter of life and sudden death. wait, this is sudden death already! ok please consider explaining to me like talking to a clueless younger brother LOL! when you said 'KF System folder', do you mean C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor\>System

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply Gartley! though i'm a bit afraid to tread the 'deleting folder' or any file for that matter.. only if it's a matter of life and sudden death. wait, this is sudden death already! ok please consider explaining to me like talking to a clueless younger brother LOL! when you said 'KF System folder', do you mean C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor\>System

Lol, no worries, ok.

1.Exit Steam

2.From My Computer, navigate to the killing floor folder where it was installed, by defult, it looks like this:

64BIT
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\
OR
32BIT
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\

3.In this folder is another folder called "System" This fold contains all the information requried by KF to run. If you have installed any custom mutators such as weapons etc, find them and back them up before continuing. When ready delete the 'system' folder.

4. Start Steam. Right click on Killing Floor within the library, and select 'Properties' now select the 'Local Files' Tab. Click 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' This will make Steam check your Killing Floor files and will download and replace any files that are missing, this will restore your system folder.

5. Run KF from Steam.

With a little luck this should help sort out the problem, let me know.

FYI, do not be afraid of deleting anything from the computer that you have aquired via Steam, in the event of deleting or damaging files, you can download the games again at no addtional costs or catches. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
^^ thanks mate! i already deleted the KF System folder after making a backup folder i renamed System-Backup unfortunately the Killing Floor.ini (also inside the Systems folder)was also overwritten :eek:

now been trying desperately in vain since yesterday to connect to Steam and getting Steam-Error --Could not connect to Steam network which could be caused by [my] internet connection or with Steam network [blah blahs] :confused:

Upvote 0
thanks, but i already tried that before when i thought there's something wrong with my connection.. also tried disabling the Superfetch and page file cache but to no avail.. and oh if it may help, here's my lappy specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2.0 Ghz
4 Gb DDR-2 (2048x2)
Win Vista 32bit
100Gb free HDD
256Mb Nvidia GeForce 9200M GE

Upvote 0