• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Destroyed door

SarDoX

May 16, 2015
Hi I have a problems with a wide garage door that sliding up.
Everything is ok, I can weld it, zeds can destroy it. BUT when it's destroyed the door doesn't disapear, door texture stays on the same place and zeds just go trough it. But players can't.
I have no idea how to fix it...

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Try to copy a door that you know works and then replace the static mesh to see if that fixes it. If it works then you know a setting was changed that caused a problem if it still does not work I don't know what to do. I would have to try and recreate the problem to try and find out what caused it.

Upvote 0
i just changed door type to a regular hinge and door destruction went well...as is should be but... it looks really weird when huge garage door opens like a hinge door... to an 90' angle
i had to switch it to a slide door but here is a similar problem - when u open it - door goes all the way right and hides in the wall. but when u destroy it - only half door hides and another one - poping out and zeds go trough it. players cant

looks like there is something wrong with all huge doors
or with me

u can see the door issue at 108.215.113.20:7777

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bump, any solution?
I'm also having the same problem, made beautiful shutters with perfect sounds and welding. But upon attacked the mesh looks strange and destroyed makes it impossible to pass.
It's somewhat solvable with a sliding door turned on its side (to slide upwards), but looks horrible. It would be nice if we simply had the option to make the door disappear upon destruction, or change into a different mesh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's exactly what I said. :rolleyes: Doesn't look good. Ex post destruction the door is shaking, like the electrical doors in Biotics Lab. Since these are shutters, they shouldn't move around.

lol I meant without changing the doors actual physical rotation, I have had working doors that slide upwards before, its just a case of messing with some settings.

Upvote 0
I don't know if it is of any help to you, but in one of my current WIP maps I have inverted sliding doors that work pretty well. It's probably not a solution you can use, but thought I'd share anyway. Here is a short video demonstration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njah9gJwCcI

They are the standard TWI doors taken from the door template map, with the actual doors (not the frame) turned 90 degrees and fitted with a small ramp-shaped blocking volume on the bottom part to allow players/zeds to walk through them. Without the blocking volume they don't work as you'll get stuck. On the downside gore seems to sometimes get stuck mid-air in them :p

Maybe if you use something similar, but place it so the bottom half of the door is hidden in the floor, and you only see the upper part, which then slides into the ceiling could be a workable solution that might still look decent?

Upvote 0
I've played with that a lot...tried to edit the existing door animations to achieve broken lift one, tried to destroy a door/make it invisible once zeds destroy it but couldn't find a trigger that would know when the door are destroyed.
God knows "on destroyed" feature doesn't work cause it's referring to the door actor not the door itself.
At the end I just set a matinee and a trigger and it works fine, that is until it will become possible to add custom doors with welding and all.

Upvote 0