• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Desolation Pile-up Glitch

Sarcy

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2018
Idk if anyone is aware but there's a spot near the 'garage" trader pod where players can sit and be safe from Zeds. I hope this can be addressed in an upcoming update to prevent the map becoming synonymous with cheating. For reference it is in the corner nearest to a weapon spawn, I'll happily provide a picture for clarity if necessary.

Image 1 for your perusal.

Also have this and this showing an exploit in Ashwood Asylum. I hope these, and any others that may still exist, can be looked into and resolved in the near future.
Nothing will be done to fix them, I know sooo many pile up glitches on many maps.

I reported some years ago, nothing was ever done to fix them. There are glitches where zeds just stand in front of you, there are glitches where I can make them stand with there hands in the air, and there are some where zeds just ignore you.

On Desolation there is a massive room with 01, 02 on the ceiling. Look at the trader, then look 90 degrees to the left and walk forward. Look 90 degrees to the left again, and you will see a pile of boxes in the corner of the room.
Now crouch and walk forward until you can’t anymore, after that slide your body left until you are inside a box, zeds can’t attack you if done right.

I’m not going to report anymore glitches after this, it’s a waste of time

Upvote 0
Hmmm, considering some map glitches have been addressed I'd like to think others/the rest will be. The ones I highlighted above are the 2 most common variations I'm aware of - Boomstick jumps and object clipping. Hopefully if these types of issues get enough attention then future content may receive more substantial QA testing and potentially save everyone the hassle of dealing with them.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, considering some map glitches have been addressed I'd like to think others/the rest will be. The ones I highlighted above are the 2 most common variations I'm aware of - Boomstick jumps and object clipping. Hopefully if these types of issues get enough attention then future content may receive more substantial QA testing and potentially save everyone the hassle of dealing with them.
There are only 2 maps I can think of that ever got fixed. Outpost and TK. Pile up glitches on all the other maps still work to this day.
I complained to a dev about this problem years ago, they said they were looking for a big picture solution. They then made the robots with rockets, which made me laugh because if a husk can’t touch me, what makes them think the rockets will.

If they did fix the boomstick half of the glitches wouldn’t work anymore but they will never fix it. I think they love quake too much lol

Upvote 0
I recall seeing many a cheat sat in the Outpost glitch, but off the top of my head they also fixed exploits on;
- Burning Paris
- Volter Manor
and Steam Fortress

I concur if there was a way to deal with the Boomstick jump then many would be resolved but there have been several other spots where better clipping and pathing would have remedied the situation.

All those maps aside, I can't say I've encountered any on Farmhouse - for example - but that's not to say there aren't any, here's hoping one day there will be no safe spaces to cower in.

Upvote 0
I recall seeing many a cheat sat in the Outpost glitch, but off the top of my head they also fixed exploits on;
- Burning Paris
- Volter Manor
and Steam Fortress

I concur if there was a way to deal with the Boomstick jump then many would be resolved but there have been several other spots where better clipping and pathing would have remedied the situation.

All those maps aside, I can't say I've encountered any on Farmhouse - for example - but that's not to say there aren't any, here's hoping one day there will be no safe spaces to cower in.
They didn’t fix any glitches on the maps you listed, there are different methods to get the glitches work again.

I know 3 glitches on farmhouse. The easiest glitch is to go into the barn, go upstairs and place yourself hanging over the outside edge of the platform between where the corners meet, near a wooden post. The corner you want is the furthest from the stairs. It should look like you’re floating in midair. All the zeds will ignore you when done correct

Upvote 0
Btw... I do hate players who cheat all the time. I only glitch in solo mode when doing the challenges because I don’t enjoy playing them.
If someone cheats online, I will destroy them. I have the best glitches for them. They will end up having no points or awards. I know how to send a certain boss out of bounds, so the match will never end, and they have no choice but to quit.

Upvote 0
That sounds less than encouraging that they weren't properly addressed.
As for countering cheats I'm all for that although I would prefer to play the game and not have to be in-game 'tech support'.

Back on topic, Tripwire please do more to rectify these problems because it is quite frustrating to survive as intended only to find so-called 'teammates' making your efforts redundant.

Upvote 0