• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Dedicated server not appearing on LAN anymore

ReBoot

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2007
Germany
steamcommunity.com
Hello,

since the last update (the one to kick off the Christmas Chrackdown event, wasn't using the beta before), the dedicated server isn't reachable via LAN anymore.

The server doesn't appear on the LAN tab anymore, on the in-game and Steam server brower, both on the machine the server runs on and in other machines on the same network. When connecting directly via steam://connect/localhost, Steam recognizes the server and asks me for the password, but when the game starts, it claims "Connection to server has been lost".

It can be connected to from the history tab, both from the PC the dedicated server is running on and from other PCs on the network, but that's not a long-term solution.

I'm not sure if this is related, but invites via Steam don't work either. Usually, to play online with friends, I fire up the dedicated server, connect to it via the LAN tab and invite online friends. Since that issue started, I can invite online friends but they can't connect.

What I've tried so far:
-Start again with a fresh config
-Delete & redownload everything

So far without success.

Last edited: