• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Dead Island

Raziel

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Valhalla
www.facebook.com
Alright, the first trailer's here ! Looks very promising.
I for one think this is one of the best trailers of the past few months (or years ?)

YouTube - Dead Island: Official Announcement Trailer

Dead Island combines first-person action with a heavy focus on melee combat, character development and customization of a vast array of weapons. All of these gameplay features are presented in a dark story inspired by classic zombie movies with a gritty and engrossing campaign that can be played with up to 4 players in co-op mode.
Developed for Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

- first-person melee combat
- 4-player coop
- weapon customization
- set on an open world tropical island
- RPG elements for character development
- hordes of gruesome zombies

Let's hope it's not gonna turn out to be some Left4Dead rip-off.
So... what'ya thinking ?

It looks amazing. IGN says the game will have no guns, only melee. I don't really have a problem with that if it is well done, I love getting in close and personal. They said that the game has some intense gore as the weapons interact with zombie flesh.

A beautiful island full of nothing but the walking dead? Sounds like paradise, I would love to go there.

Upvote 0
Saw this one a while ago, thought it was vaporware. Glad I was wrong. Melee only sounds perfect for a berserker fan like me.

I wonder what they mean by weapon customization. I am going to be severely disappointed if I can't tape two chainsaws together.

Last time I checked, tropical Islands didn't have very many chainsaws lieing around. Unless there is a certain arms dealer involved, who likes the big ones, but you think that would imply guns being sold :p

Upvote 0
I was waiting to hear about this for years. Years. I thought it died.

Thanks for posting. :IS2:
Likewise. AFAIK, in 2007 Techland was looking for a publisher. The trailer they made got them one but with stipulations that the publisher remain anonymous and enforce a complete media blackout. I was looking forward to Dead Island in 2007 but thought it had died so seeing the new trailer a few days ago was a real shock

Upvote 0
Upvote 0