• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crossfire or SLi support for RO:HoS?

I honestly don't see it happening as Sli and Crossfire are both obsolete technologies. The whole reason dual graphics cards technology was developed was because single card technology was not enough to handle the recent boom in high demanding games graphics wise.

But now single cards can easily handle the new games coming out (if you haven't noticed, the 360 for example only has one card in it but multiple cpu's). So why pay more for 2 cards when you could pay less for one that performs just as well? It's a dying technology so I predict it won't be in future games for very much longer. It'd also cost TWI more money for the rights to support it.

Funny you say this because muti-gpu scaling has gotten better and better over the years. 2x in SLI will give you a 75% performance increase...obsolete? Being able to run a game at max settings at 1444p@20-30FPS on my gtx570, than drop another card in there and get 50 FPS...hardly obsolete and not going anywhere soon :) Sure the single card solution will be the 'standard' but as PCs get 10-20 times faster than the consoles are capable of (which is the main platform for most games we get to play on PC and the reason why a 4-5 year old GPU can still keep up) developers will push the new technology making SLI a nice idea for ppl with older cards.

Upvote 0