• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Crate wont open bug (with video)

I'm having the same issue with a cyberbone usb and key. I followed the directions in the support ticket several times and even reinstalled steam and verified the game files and nothing. I finally gave the usb and key to a friend to see if he could open it but he got the same error message: failed to reach item server. First time I bought a key in many months and definitely the last.

Upvote 0
Meconopsis;n2269477 said:
I'm having the same issue with a cyberbone usb and key. I followed the directions in the support ticket several times and even reinstalled steam and verified the game files and nothing. I finally gave the usb and key to a friend to see if he could open it but he got the same error message: failed to reach item server. First time I bought a key in many months and definitely the last.

Don't forget that keys, usbs and skin and all those goodies are connected to steam item server. You and your friend probably tried to open crate when api was down for a few minutes.
Or kf2 just straight up has issues with steam api hence all these posts about ppl not being able to open crates.

Upvote 0