• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crashing in Lobby after VAC-Ban-Patch

skyleo

Aug 30, 2011
Currently I can't play any RO2 anymore.
I am VAC banned, because I cheated 4~5 years ago in CSS(Not RO(2)).
Sometimes I get the message "Terminated" or the game crashes, which happens in most cases, I only managed to play on 1 server in 1 week.
I wish you'd differ between VAC bans from games. I mean Valve does so too. You could still play other games with VAC, when you were VAC banned in CSS.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Or is it a known issue? Is there a solution to this?

My Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
8 GB Ram
AMD Phenom II X4 955
AMD Radeon R9 270X
All drivers up to date.

Attachments

• unreal-v7258-2014.08.03-01.16.47.dmp
    518.6 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2014.08.03-01.10.21.dmp
    477.1 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2014.08.03-01.07.40.dmp
    526.5 KB · Views: 0
it's part of the new policy they've adopted and other game companies will follow suit because it's an easy solution and an effective deterrent. want to risk a perma-ban for life? go ahead and cheat on your steam account.

i'm sure origin and uplay and other services will have a similar system soon as well. because it's cost effective, protects and keeps your honest customers happy, and that means better business overall.

no company is going to miss the "business" of the .001 percent of idiot cheaters. instead they'll benefit greater from increased loyalty and sense of security and general satisfaction of the other 99.999 percent.

only solution is to make a new steam account and never cheat again. easy.

Upvote 0
You can still play on servers not using this server feature. You better try the steam forum and start a new thread to gather this server list with people like you. http://steamcommunity.com/app/35450/discussions/0/

It's been month I advice people like you to do so... maybe you will be smarter than them, and actually do it, because for now these kind of people only complain and spit on the game / this new feature / TWI / server admins...

This will help you, of course there are surely less servers not using this VAC filter, but hey, at least you can play on them.

Upvote 0
Well, I could, if they wouldn't crash.
Making a thread on steam forums has nothing to do with crashing when joining a VAC filtering server...

Found an easy way to bypass this "VAC-Ban"-thingy, just family-share RO2 and play it on a not VAC-banned acc.
Yes, it is for me a big problem as anyone with VAC ban can share their games.. But that's good for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0