• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cowboy character?

http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/Promotional_characters

Harchier Spebbington *AKA, TWI's Indiana Jones* = Those who Pre-ordered "The Ball". Character is no longer avaliable (Evil TWI...)

Pyro = For those that own TF2 before a certain date, I forgot it at this point...

Bad Santa = For those that unlocked 10 of the 13 Christmas Achievements along with any Christmas Map achievement

I hope they add more although it should be noted that its quite hard to do so.

Upvote 0
if you ask me, they should release an RO2 character, but instead of making it pre-order only, they should make it available to anybody that owns RO2, so as to avoid people feeling left out, because some people do feel like they are missing something, this would also result in a couple more RO2 sales for TWI.

This so hard ^

Never mind an incentive to pre-order, how about an incentive to just buy the game?

Reactions: jd641
Upvote 0
In all fairness, they should give you more chance to get the characters, its poor marketing at this point.

This should be the pitch: If you want the jonesy character, you can unlock it by buying "the ball".

Not, its no longer available, but buy the ball anyway and get nothing for KF, its poor marketing, specially after this duration of time has passed, same with the TF2 guys.

Santa on the other hand, we wait until next xmas, not a problem with that, but make him available again next xmas, dont disable him all together.

I would be more interested in buying "The Ball" if this character was still available, right now I don't really care to be blunt.

I know theres this TWI stick by their word thing, but come on, the customers getting nothing now and neither is TWI, where do you draw the line.

Upvote 0
Harchier Spebbington? I always thought his name was Bunglebuck Archfeld.

I just call him Indiana Jones anyway, so his real name doesn't matter to me one bit. :p
Its a strange one for me, I just call him Dr. Jones. XD
Thanks for the info. Damn, I haven't got even KF when The Ball was in pre-order. Anyway, I hope that he could be released in any promo again, coz I really like that skin.
Heh, I missed an update, got KF late...can't remember which one it is..
This so hard ^

Never mind an incentive to pre-order, how about an incentive to just buy the game?
Well, if you look at the feedback on KF, I think the majority here will buy the game and the game itself. (Assuming Dwarfs?! sold well...)
In all fairness, they should give you more chance to get the characters, its poor marketing at this point.

This should be the pitch: If you want the jonesy character, you can unlock it by buying "the ball".

Not, its no longer available, but buy the ball anyway and get nothing for KF, its poor marketing, specially after this duration of time has passed, same with the TF2 guys.

Santa on the other hand, we wait until next xmas, not a problem with that, but make him available again next xmas, dont disable him all together.

I would be more interested in buying "The Ball" if this character was still available, right now I don't really care to be blunt.

I know theres this TWI stick by their word thing, but come on, the customers getting nothing now and neither is TWI, where do you draw the line.
Hrm...I wish to set someone at TWI on fire.

Upvote 0
i would rather them leave the ball character unavailable forever now, because integrity is so rare on industry now a days, although as hunter stated, it's a very short term strategy, so in future you would probably be better of just letting it be available forever, or even just at intervals, i know it results in less immediate sales, but look at games like amnesia, they got relatively poor sales in the first few weeks, but then it sky rocketed and picked up and put them back on their feet and you guys also have the benefit of it being a sequel to a great game (RO2 i mean).

Upvote 0
i would rather them leave the ball character unavailable forever now, because integrity is so rare on industry now a days,

Well thats a choice TWI have to make or have already made, its the choice of:

Stay firm in the eyes of the 100 people that have the character and retain their honor

or

Give 1000's of other people the chance to get the character and possibly increase sales of another one of their titles

Its business 101, money or honor, 99% will go money, are TWI the rare 1%...

Upvote 0
Well thats a choice TWI have to make or have already made, its the choice of:

Stay firm in the eyes of the 100 people that have the character and retain their honor

or

Give 1000's of other people the chance to get the character and possibly increase sales of another one of their titles

Its business 101, money or honor, 99% will go money, are TWI the rare 1%...

Actually, Tripwire make a lot of their money from their honor. I would not have brouht The Ball if it wasn't backed by Tripwire. Another publisher telling us they loved the game themselves so they went to publish it, I would have called them liars. When Tripwire said it, I looked further into the game. (Allthough the dealbreaker for a preorder in all fairness was the Spebbington char. I use it almost exclusively)

Upvote 0