• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Controls missing/not working

Almostgfx

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2009
Hey guys so i finally got into a game after the server browser crashed a few times and i played about 10-20 minutes of a game happily and then thought id change the controls up a little whilst in game and when i came out the menu and spawned i couldn't move at all or do much else apart from jump, prone, drop weapon and aim down sight. No other buttons worked and i couldnt get back to options with esc.

So i restarted the game and went to change controls back to default and i noticed alot of controls options were missing from the list like shoot and alt fire.. i just thought this was a bug and set to default and went into game again but same problem as before even with defaults. Could just jump etc.

I tried verifying steam files and removing some input files to get the added back in after the verify but still always the same problem in game and on the options menu.

I have currently removed the game from steam folder and deleted it from steam and now re downloading in an attempt to fix my problem.

If anyone else has experienced this and has a fix "Just" in case the re install doesn't work id really appreciate you sharing your fixing methods as i was really enjoying the time i had playing and i was a big fan of the first game.

Thanks almost.

"command" and "other" of controls are bother empty for me, and deleting those ini files and starting the game up didn't make them show up.

In fact, seems that my settings are just as they were.

I tried deleting the ini's from my steam folder and revalidating too. Still no luck.

My "Use" key isn't bound, and I can't bind it since it doesn't show up in controls.

edit:
Nevermind, I was deleting beta configs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0