• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Considering the purchase

Poop114

Jun 17, 2010
Hi,
I am considering buying red orchestra 2, I have been watching gameplays and reviews for the past hour or so and what I have heard has mostly been positive feed back. How ever, it seems that what I have just been reading on the forums is there are far to many bugs/glitches and not a reliable player base. Im kind of tight with my money and will only buy games that I know I will play over a period of time. Is this a purchase that you guys regret making? or is it something you think was worth every penny.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I played the orginal from release to now.

Most veteran RO players have a lot of complaints about the new one...

But I am loving the new game, as different as it is, it is still really fun.

The player base is reliable... there will never be an issue finding a well populated server for many years to come.

It's a great game and will only get better as time goes by. Tripwire and the community will be adding more content as time goes by.

Upvote 0
Before today, I would have said,"Noooo! No! No! No!", but I played it again on a 64 player server with 150 ping (as low as I could find) and it was tolerable. I would honestly recommend waiting until it goes on sale first, but either way it won't be a bad experience. Just be prepared for every player knowing the map (and you don't), campers galore, and more whiners than I have seen in the BF community. If you can bypass that stuff, it should be pretty fun.

Upvote 0
Why did you post this? According to this you already have the game?
so?

"poop114" - whatever you say will contradict whatever you already said

This is in the Troll category for me -
RO2 is certainly pushing a lot of troll buttons

09-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Poop114
user_online.gif

reputation_neg.gif

icon1.gif
Resetting perks does not work
I saw the other topic getting spammed with this topic so why not make a topic? I am having the same issue i put in

[Engine.SteamStatsAndAchievementsBase]
bResetStats=true

But it resets my perks but when i launch i get given Mr.Perky again and also a load of others when i shoot specimens. I checked where i put the line and it says this

[Engine.SteamStatsAndAchievementsBase]
bResetStats=False
bDebugStats=False

[ROEngine.KFSteamStatsAndAchievements]
bOverridePerkLevels=False
MedicPerkLevel=0
SupportPerkLevel=0
SharpshooterPerkLevel=0
CommandoPerkLevel=0
BerserkerPerkLevel=0
FirebugPerkLevel=0
DemolitionsPerkLevel=0

But all my perks are still lvl 6

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Hi,
I am considering buying red orchestra 2, I have been watching gameplays and reviews for the past hour or so and what I have heard has mostly been positive feed back. How ever, it seems that what I have just been reading on the forums is there are far to many bugs/glitches and not a reliable player base. Im kind of tight with my money and will only buy games that I know I will play over a period of time. Is this a purchase that you guys regret making? or is it something you think was worth every penny.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

If you haven't played RO previously, then it SHOULD be a good experience.
Although I would not recommend that you buy it at this moment especially if you're tight on money.

I can't give you a fair answer as to if this game is worth every penny because my judgement is largely impacted by RO.

Edit: 'it shouldn't' changed to 'it SHOULD'

Last edited:
Upvote 0