• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Confused about filtering servers for Realism

ROII4Me

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
A couple of things.

1. What does it mean when you see "tactical realism" in a server's name?

Is tactical realism just a way to imply they want to have people trying to be realistic in their game play and tactics?

And is tactical realism the same thing as "realism" in terms of the bullet damage, etc. and nade damage?

2. I refresh and apply filters to only find Realism servers. But at least one server shows up that has the crosshair thing, and kill cam.

One other one didn't have crosshairs but still had kill cam.

Cross hairs and kill cam do not qualify as realism in my book. Is this a glitch or does official "realism" only relate to damage models?

A couple of things.

1. What does it mean when you see "tactical realism" in a server's name?

Is tactical realism just a way to imply they want to have people trying to be realistic in their game play and tactics?

And is tactical realism the same thing as "realism" in terms of the bullet damage, etc. and nade damage?

2. I refresh and apply filters to only find Realism servers. But at least one server shows up that has the crosshair thing, and kill cam.

One other one didn't have crosshairs but still had kill cam.

Cross hairs and kill cam do not qualify as realism in my book. Is this a glitch or does official "realism" only relate to damage models?

The settings are still the same, the players are what make the experience more tactical. People communicating through VOIP, working together etc etc. Thats what they mean by "tactical realism".

Also, don't listen to gattocake, he's a classic player :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks. My main query really is, why is a server showing up in a search for Realism servers when it gives you cross hairs?

Is this a bug?

I believe it is the server with Chicago in the name and something like "no lag" or "low lag".

And yes, I agree, RS is far less realism than I had hoped for.

I get real tired of seeing multiple blood puffs from an enemy and having them calmly turn and shoot me dead.

I would play classic all the time if they didn't force squad leaders to have a bolt action rifle.

The problem with custom, is there is no way to filter out custom servers that have nursery school level damage.

My idea of custom would be Classic ROI damage with ROII weapon deployment, and perhaps speed and stamina in between the two.

I guess one must just wade through the servers and favorite the ones they want. My favorites are always full. sigh.

Upvote 0
One bug I've found is that when not being able to connect to a server that happens to be full, you return to the browser with only action servers, no matter what filter you have set.

I never play custom or classic, as I prioritize to block all Action servers. You can only have ONE or ALL modes, and then I would have to chose realism to at least get full servers, and to get rid of action. Even though I would like to play classic and custom more.

RO2 server-browser is bad..

Upvote 0