• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Community Brainstorm: Death

Hyperion2010

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
NC
Ok, this will be the first in a serries of "Community Brainstorms."

This thread is to post ideas only. NOT and I repeat NOT, to discuss what someone else thinks. There are a bunch of bright people here with good ideas. So lets get those ideas out into the arean so that they can be considered. If people start evaluating ideas posted I will ask a mod to remove their posts, so lets keep it clean.

Ok here is your brainstorm promp:

What could be done to increase the fear of death in Red Orchestra?

I think each player should have a set number of re-spawns. Let's say each played can respawn 10 times per round, then he would be more careful since he would notice the effect of dying much more. There are some problems with this though. Some classes tend to die more times the others, TKs (if you get TKed, I don't think that should effect your numbers of respawns) - there's also a small possibility that people would get killed 10 times and have to spectade the rest of the round would simply reconnect and have 10 more respawns. I don't mind having long spectate times if I've been careless and died 10 times, but I'm sure it would improve the game and many people would be more careful.

EDIT: I think this should be a serverside option, and the admin should be able to set the numbers of respawns for each individual map, and maybe even class.

Upvote 0
Molnies said:
I think each player should have a set number of re-spawns. Let's say each played can respawn 10 times per round, then he would be more careful since he would notice the effect of dying much more. There are some problems with this though. Some classes tend to die more times the others, TKs (if you get TKed, I don't think that should effect your numbers of respawns) - there's also a small possibility that people would get killed 10 times and have to spectade the rest of the round would simply reconnect and have 10 more respawns. I don't mind having long spectate times if I've been careless and died 10 times, but I'm sure it would improve the game and many people would be more careful.

I like it!

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
Ok, this will be the first in a serries of "Community Brainstorms."

This thread is to post ideas only. NOT and I repeat NOT, to discuss what someone else thinks. There are a bunch of bright people here with good ideas. So lets get those ideas out into the arean so that they can be considered. If people start evaluating ideas posted I will ask a mod to remove their posts, so lets keep it clean.

Ok here is your brainstorm promp:

What could be done to increase the fear of death in Red Orchestra?

everytime you die you loose a point (not by team kills).... so cap-whores that die often cant get much points.....

Upvote 0
How about when you die the screen flashes white and shows a picture of mutilated people with a very loud scream. That should really put the fear of death into people. Just imagine sneaking around on a dark map like konigsplatz and trying to avoid people and your really uptight because someone might come around the corner and you're really jumpy then someone kills you from behind and you got a half blown off face screaming at you. I know I'd be scared.

Upvote 0
How about a good idea...

the longer you stay alive the better you perform in combat (better accuracy, more stanima)

im not saying for just one life but you would improve over a period of time depending on the number of kills and deaths, the range you killed at, objectives you helped capture etc etc...maybe when you die it takes a chunk out of the skills you earned, so someone who dies every two seconds would stay neutral.

of course the russians will get kudos for running in suicidaly :)

Upvote 0
how about the further you are from the spawn point the longer it takes you to respawn when you die. so people deep in the map will be more careful. for example lets say the map is broken into 4 zones, spawn-10 secs respawn, front line-20 secs, 3rdline would be enemy territory-40 seconds- enemy spawn-60 seconds. that way guys in spawn have more chance to break out because they're coming out more often and spawn campers have less chance to do so because their teammates take longer to respawn and help them. would even out fighting in the middle perhaps

Upvote 0