• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commander could push soldiers to battle

Summary and final recommendation.

Summary and final recommendation.

Hey all,

thanks for all your feedback.

So, I have the impression that most folks agree that it might be interesting (and, I presume, feasible to implement in the UT engine) that the commander may place some icons on the map. I think the free draw mode is technically too difficult to implement, but a set of icons (8 arrows for directions, Attack objective, Hold objective, Rally Point, Artillery Strike, Suppresive fire) that can be placed by the commander might be a way to go.

Commander voting seems to be possible as well. But as suggested, this might be a mutator. Personally, I don't know anything about mutator programming :) so if somebody would implement this I think it would add to the team gaming experience.

And, sigh, I will still get teamkills when I as a commander shoot my camping russian soldiers. But, I just like it to be like the officer on the boat in the Stalingrad campaign of Call of Duty 1 :D Maybe, we should collect suggestions for more voice chat options ("Attack you foul camping maggots! Or I'll whip you into battle!") :p

Many greetings,

SYS49152

Upvote 0
I think commanders should be immune from teamkill kicks but there should be a mutiny vote that can be called. Once one person does it and then someone else seconds it a dialog would pop up on everyone's screen asking for their vote.

I also think commanders should get the "John Madden pen" allowing him to write all over the objective map while he is dead waiting for respawn (or just hanging back.) I would understand the concern about not allowing him to write anything on the map (sure some people would think it would be funny to draw a giant penis) but at least give him some symbols he can place ie MG setup location, choke points, sniper nests, attack routes etc.

Upvote 0