Cold War Mod- any interest in project?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

RoastinGhost

Jul 14, 2011
Minnesota
Since we have a great deal of the assets, would there be any interest in starting a mod project to move the setting to a fictional conflict between NATO and the Warsaw Pact? There would be a few weapon variations that could be made (The East German AK, the RPK, and the PK come to mind) to place it in the 60's, or a few more to make it early-80's appropriate. A lot of the work would be mapping and art.

What do you guys think?

Sep 28, 2014
USA
He's talking about Americans vs Russians. It could be done, but like I said there's too much new art that needs to be made, and new art is a death sentence for a community with no artists.

RoastinGhost

Jul 14, 2011
Minnesota
I mean, once the assets for appropriate-looking trees and buildings are put together, anyone interested in custom maps can add more to the project.

I know mods take a lot of work, so I intentionally picked the lowest-effort setting I could. I'm not saying the mod will need a lot of art, I meant that the mod will require relatively little of anything else. It's not like I want to make a Star Wars mod that adds space combat.

Srinidhalaya

Jan 20, 2011
technically, all the assets already exist between RO2 and RS2, but there would be an obvious difference in quality between the assets from each game. But yeah, if you aren't leading the charge doing the work yourself, then I wouldn't count on it.

RoastinGhost

Jul 14, 2011
Minnesota
I'm willing to put work in, I just thought the project would be a lot more feasible if someone else had any interest in helping.

Saruman

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 28, 2015
Sweden
RoastinGhost;n2304988 said:
Since we have a great deal of the assets, would there be any interest in starting a mod project to move the setting to a fictional conflict between NATO and the Warsaw Pact? There would be a few weapon variations that could be made (The East German AK, the RPK, and the PK come to mind) to place it in the 60's, or a few more to make it early-80's appropriate. A lot of the work would be mapping and art.

What do you guys think?

I'm interested in helping! I'm mostly into making 80´s cold war stuff. I'm Smokie on Steam, add me and we can talk details there.
Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016107771/