• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Co-op???---Refund?

AmericanNinja

Oct 9, 2011
If this has been answered a hundred times... I apologize.

One of the reasons I bought Red Orchestra 2, was that I could play co-op.

Strangely enough, despite being advertised as a major feature it was not shipped with said feature.

Its been a couple months now (cause I pre-ordered it) and I have not seen anything related to co-op.

Is it coming out relatively soon? Or is there a way for me to get a refund?

Last edited:
"If you picked up the recent Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad on Steam or at retail, you may be having trouble finding the game's co-op mode. We'll save yourself some time, and have you stop your search right now, because the game is currently missing the planned co-op mode. There's an update to the game that'll be available in the coming weeks, after the developers wrap up the "post release fix those bloody bugs" phase, which will add the campaign co-op play in."

That's from 9/15... unfortunately the "post release fix those bloody bugs phase" is far from over. Co-op is unfortunately probably near the bottom of the list, and it's probably way too late for you to get a refund.

I hate to say it, but this is why you should never buy games on release :(

edit: I have to add that cutting co-op was the right decision, as there were/are some critical design flaws and bugs that need to be fixed. I can't even imagine how buggy co-op would be if they actually tried to implement it by release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seniram1961
Upvote 0

Strangely enough, despite being advertised as a major feature it was not shipped with said feature.

Its been a couple months now (cause I pre-ordered it) and I have not seen anything related to co-op.

It will come out at some point, but it might take sometime. But try playing the game, you'll see you'll have a very pleasent surprise, if you haven't yet that is :D

Upvote 0

no the problem is it hasnt been addressed 100 times.
like you i bought it for the coop or at least the bots they kept bragging on in the gameplay videos.

Upvote 0
just play on bot servers, it's exactly the same

Exactly.

Be glad there's no CO-OP, the AI's ability to insta-nail you from 800m with the Hull MG in a tank, mixed with its infantry seemingly not being able to see you from 10 feet sometimes would just make it embarassing.

I do feel sorry for all those who bought the game for a specific feature which isn't there yet, I share your pain - I wanted decent realism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

You really want to tell me that because of lack this mode you want to get a refund?

play MP, it's the same thing

Indeed

Upvote 0
I just can't really see why anyone would prefer playing a multiplayer game with their friends against AI bots instead of against other humans.

In the sense of playing with your friends against a common enemy, it is all very much already there in the game. The only thing missing if they want some continuity is the implementation of the multiplayer campaign.

Upvote 0
Co-Op is very much like a group of people working together to achieve a common goal. Generally speaking it's where MP meets SP.

I'm not speaking as if we are making a co-op mode currently but rather just chewing the rag with the community.

*excuse me sirr* stop chewing rags and get workin on da co-op then befoe i slap ya! :)

Seriously... :mad:

:):(:):(

Is it a joke is it a threat? What do you think *Swag*? :confused:

Upvote 0
I just can't really see why anyone would prefer playing a multiplayer game with their friends against AI bots instead of against other humans.

In the sense of playing with your friends against a common enemy, it is all very much already there in the game. The only thing missing if they want some continuity is the implementation of the multiplayer campaign.

I take it you've never played Operation Flashpoint or the ARMA series then?

You've missed out.

Upvote 0