• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Class kick

The Algerian

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 29, 2011
Hi RO people, how are you?
I'm fine thanks for asking.

How would you guys like a "class kick" system.
We've all been at some point trough a game in the first RO where there was this/those guy(s) who was/were holding tight to the Sniper ot Tankcrewman class even though he/they clearly didn't know how to use it.

So how about implementing some sort of "class kick" that would work kinda like the mutiny system.
You know, a sort of votekick that wouldn't kick the player from the server but just from the class he's holding on to.

I don't care for the idea, personally. I think these sorts of things ultimately lead to abuse.

A "class kick" system such as you describe would, in my opinion, lead to the same type of selfish attitudes that the first come/first serve vehicles in BF promote. While it's not the same as the team killing that can take place in Battlefield, I think the general idea is the same, screw your team mate because you want what he's got.

Just my opinion, though.

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0
The idea itself first sounds like a good idea but it isnt. I mean we all know the situation that sometimes a player is blocking a important class and sometimes you loose the map because of that. But this function would lead to much abuse. I dont want people seeing kicked from the class because some people consider them "not being good at it."

Upvote 0
I don't care for the idea, personally. I think these sorts of things ultimately lead to abuse.

A "class kick" system such as you describe would, in my opinion, lead to the same type of selfish attitudes that the first come/first serve vehicles in BF promote. While it's not the same as the team killing that can take place in Battlefield, I think the general idea is the same, screw your team mate because you want what he's got.

Just my opinion, though.

I never play Sniper or Tank, so it's not really that I want the spot, there would have to be a vote.
But ultimately I guess it could lead to some kind of "12 votes yes against 9" where the 12 would just be people who just want to take the class.

Still, gotta admit it can be pretty annoying when you're bound to loose the round from the beginning just because some guy won't let go the tank.

Upvote 0
This is the reason the rank system was introduced. To stop new guys from occupying slots that they did not know how to use.

People still can play certain classes, they just dont have access to all the unlocks. I assume that for a example the sniper class has access to the kar98 sniper and the mosin sniper, but they gotta unlock the gf41 and svt40 sniper rifles etc.

Upvote 0
We've all been at some point trough a game in the first RO where there was this/those guy(s) who was/were holding tight to the Sniper ot Tankcrewman class even though he/they clearly didn't know how to use it.

If you never let them play the classes, how are they supposed to learn? just my thoughts.

Upvote 0
If you never let them play the classes, how are they supposed to learn? just my thoughts.

Well there's still a Solo mode

stupied idea, how are they going too learn how to play the class if they cant practise with it?

My idea is stupid, copying the post above on the other hand, now THAT is bright. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Chane
Upvote 0
I was like

"Class kick...sounds like a good idea"

then I was like

"Oh wait...then you would have 31 people trying to kick you because you have the sniper even though your the best sniper around in the whole universe and winning the game for everyone doing triple star back flips over tanks and throwing grenades into peoples mouths legitimately like a true hero from a movie"

-

Example. MAG for PS3. People will always try to kick the squad leader/platoon leader from the game so they can have the artillery strike and rack up more kills.

Upvote 0
I don't like it because of the abuse. For example: A sniper is doing a good job for his team by taking out MGs (mostly/only). A lot of people will look at his score and say "Omg! Noob! So few killz! Kick him!"

And I think you can't compare solo and multiplayer relating to practice.
[ ^^ How would you say this in correct English :D]

BTW. Thank you, Algerian, I'm fine. And you?

Reactions: Cpt-Praxius
Upvote 0
Honestly i think it is a terrible idea (No offence) Just because people do have to learn how to use those roles and kicking them for trying to learn would not do the game good.

The amount of times i've been TKed on Ro:eek:st because i was sniper and to the tkers 'was not good enough' even though getting a large amount of kills.

Even a few days ago someone tried to start a kick vote against me since i killed him a few times in a row with an Russian MG

Chris

Upvote 0
I also disagree with the idea for several reasons.

1. If you don't play a class, you cannot improve. Bots do not good practice make.

2. Everybody wants the sniper, many will abuse system to get it regardless of their skill.

3. 'Good' is relative. I myself can probably rack up 10-15 kills in a good sniping match, I consider myself fair at sniping. However another may consider me bad at sniping and can get 20+ kills a game consistently. And another may only get 5 and consider me an expert. There's no baseline for good or bad.

In continuation, you CANNOT count the skill of a sniper by number of kills. Sniper 1 kills 5 men in a round, Sniper 2 kills 20. Who did better? Would it affect your opinion if I said Sniper 1 killed only MG nests and Sniper 2 only basic riflemen? Same idea counts with MG and other specialized classes

4. Winning isn't everything all of the time. Sure, if it's a clan grudge match, get the best man on the sniper. If it's not, well, maybe let someone else take a shot. Let others have their fun, even if they're not particularly good at the game. Besides, if you truly care about winning every match, use the rifle, it's easily the best weapon if used correctly. A scope is simply a crutch at most RO distances, and an MG simply for suppressing areas which anyone with a right mouse button can accomplish.

So, again my vote would have to be no. Of course there are special cases, but servers have admins for a reason.

Upvote 0
Yep, you guys got one very important point, my idea would be good only if we could be sure the server is full of mature players who wouldn't class kick a guy for tedious reasons such as:

-Wanting the kit for themselves
-Counting only the number of kills and judging them not enough even though the guy focused on getting rid of the MG's or something like that.

Upvote 0
You dont have to behave like a "kid" to make this into a problem. The main problem would be different standards. People have a opinion when they consider a player being "good" at the class he is playing.

We all understand the reason for the idea you are having but I dont think and I dont hope this idea will come into the game later.

Upvote 0