• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - Kickstarter

HeadClot

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 2, 2010
Utah, United States
WHAT IS CHIVALRY: MEDIEVAL WARFARE?

CHIVALRY: Medieval Warfare is a first-person slasher with a focus on multi-player. Featuring competitive online combat that seeks to capture the experience of truly being on a medieval battlefield. We've drawn our inspiration from the intensity and epicness of swordfighting movies such as 300, Gladiator and Braveheart and we want to bring that experience to the hands of a gamer.

The game is skill-based and controls like a FPS, but instead of guns and grenades, players are given swords, shields, maces, battleaxes and longbows. Set in a fictional yet gritty and realistic world, players will fight in fast paced online battles besieging castles, raiding medieval villages and fighting for glory in the arena with up to 32 players.

What is Chivalry? - Devblog - YouTube

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1711512107/chivalry-medieval-warfare

Features List:

- Deep melee combat system provides players with a huge range of responsive combat options

- Adjust your attacks and blocks in real time with the mouse for precise and full control of the action

- Wield an arsenal of up to 60 brutal weapons ranging from broad swords and battle axes to longbows and javelins

- Dynamic objective system brings team tactics and strategy to the forefront as players batter down gates, raid villages and assassinate enemy royalty to achieve victory.

- Use a variety of siege weapons ranging from catapults, boiling oil, ballista, battering rams and more

- Vast, lush environments that transport the player to a gritty and immersive medieval world.

- Offline play options that allow players to gain familiarity with the controls and gameplay before being thrust into the action.

Why Kickstarter?

For us, Kickstarter represents several awesome opportunities, making it a win win situation for current or new fans of the game and the development team.

- Because kickstarter fees are less than those from traditional online distributors, we are actually able to offer the game for cheaper, while the developers make roughly the same amount. So it allows our fanbase to pick up the game at a reduced price and in doing so more directly support us, the developers of the game.

- Kickstarter is also an excellent way for us to allow preorders for the game, something we were unlikely to be able to do otherwise due to "redtape" and regulations with many online distributors.

- Kickstarter in itself is a great marketing opportunity for exposure with the game.

- Kickstarter allows us to offer players a variety of additional products based around the game such as t-shirts, posters and custom art.

- Paying off Debt and loans, when we said many team members had given up everything to do this, we meant it. The development team has personally dug deep into its own pockets over the past two years and put a lot on the line to make this happen because for us it is a labour of love.

TL;DR?

Mount and Blade with more emphasis on combat and Teamwork.

Last edited:
Just saw your comment on the Kickstarter page and thought I would chime in here also to help get Chiv noticed. This game needs some backers stat, for anybody else who is interested in Medieval Combat, I can assure you Chiv is going the right way about it. I have played Mount & Blade for bloody ages and have participated in the absolutely awful WoTR alpha/beta and oh am I excited for Chiv.

Anyway for those wanting to see more below is some cam gameplay from the Gamescom floor, quite literally. They didn't have a booth at the time and were showcasing the game on some laptops on the actual show floor.

One on One, Arena duel, basic combat mechanics.

Village Raid, Murder, pillaging, archery and deployable pavise shields.

Upvote 0
I haven't because the game looked rather complete and didn't need my help. It's really just a preorder as far as I can tell and I'd rather wait for reviews.

You have a point.

Going to post some stuff on their kickstarter page just to get things moving for them. :)

EDIT - Just remembered that they are trying to get the full UE3 Source License (If my memory Serves me right.) Not sure if it is for chivalry or another game.

EDIT 2 - They are trying to ship this as a full Unreal Engine 3 Game.

Steve Piggott said:
We're doing our best to market the game, have managed to get some mainstream coverage but still being ignored by some of the bigger sites. Yes we will be purchasing the full UE3 license, so Chivalry will ship as a UE3 title, not a UDK title.

Last edited:
Upvote 0