• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cheaters

Bergler

Sep 15, 2011
After the patch earlier today I started playing on one of TWI's official servers. It was fun and my ping was lower than usually. I was having a really good time. That was until a couple of cheaters decided to come along and ruin it for everyone. One of the cheaters used an aimbot + invincibility hack. He ran around the map firing his LMG from the hip and headshotting everyone. At one point I got the drop on him and popped a few rounds in his head with my G41, but nothing happened. He simply turned around, fired one shot and killed me. The other cheater was using a wallhack + aimbot hack. At one point he shot me when he was 2 floors below me. Another time he shot med trough 3 walls and a pile of rubble. When playing apartments he got more than 100 kills. The reason this pisses me off is partially the fact that they're cheating at all, but mostly the fact that the vote to kick function isn't working. I tried to report them through steam but they didn't show up on the player list. Please TWI, do something about this. Now that the game is beginning to shape up it's a major gamebreaker for me that people can use cheats without any way of stopping them :(

Remember to use the vote to kick function.

He stated in his post that the functionality on this given occasion wasn't working.

You can't avoid cheating. People will always cheat whether it is playing cards or Call Of Duty. Jot down their names if you can and keep a note of who is not playing nice. At least we can keep tabs on it that way if you say you can't do anything via the game nor Steam.

Upvote 0
there are several HACK selling sites that have had working hacks for RO2 since beta and they sell them... It so F'ing sad that people pay for HACK subscriptions just so they can be complete assholes.. I hope it doesn't become a huge issue.

Try to find a server you like and just play there only as long as they have good admins that are around alot. If you become a regular they can trust you can probably get admin status yourself and deal with them.. Admins are the best way to deal with them. Then report them etc to get them banned for good.

Upvote 0
I recall playing Modern Warfare 2 online (yes, I know) long ago. Of course you have no choice in which game you're placed into. So, I'm stuck into this match in the terminal/airport map with a guy on the roof of the map ****ing us all over. Clearly hacked to hell. I leave the game and find that I have somehow made my way from lvl 19 to lvl 70. I haven't played the game since.

Upvote 0
I recall playing Modern Warfare 2 online (yes, I know) long ago. Of course you have no choice in which game you're placed into. So, I'm stuck into this match in the terminal/airport map with a guy on the roof of the map ****ing us all over. Clearly hacked to hell. I leave the game and find that I have somehow made my way from lvl 19 to lvl 70. I haven't played the game since.
that happened to me when i was playing world at war. people flying about and what not. the only thing i didn't understand was it was on the ps3. -.- i was still bouncing around and i came to my fifth prestige in the game. i only did one by myself. felt bad man.now i understand that servers can be modded:rolleyes: and what not but still.

Upvote 0
FYI, TWB have admins that monitor the TWI servers. We have a steam group setup for players to locate online admins, it is called TWBAdmins. Please feel free to join that group. All of our admins are officers in that group, the ones with yellow stars. If you experience an issue in the servers, please locate one of us and let us know and we might be able to assist.

Regards,

Upvote 0
There is no real way to simply prevent cheaters. Most game anti-cheats are updated periodically with detection for new cheats, but untill it is updated the best you can do is report people, ask an admin to ban the player, or simply leave the server.

It amazes me how often people will just sit in a server telling someone with an aimbot that they have no life, that's exactly what people hacking want.

Just report/ban/leave and don't feed the trolls. Punkbuster and VAC are updated constantly.

Upvote 0
All servers should use PB and stream to PBBANS.

Around 17 - 18 servers are currently streaming and in the last 24 hours PB has banned 3 people for using aimbot.

These bans were on one server but PBBANS streaming means that these people are now banned on all streaming servers.

The more servers streaming means more chances to catch the cheats, and automatically update the ban list on all streaming servers.

Ultimately resulting in a cleaner gaming environment for all.

So server admins do the community a favour and start streaming please.

Ban list can be viewed here http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-view-all-ro2-bans-40.html

You may need to register to follow that link but im not sure

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All servers should use PB and stream to PBBANS.

Around 17 - 18 servers are currently streaming and in the last 24 hours PB has banned 3 people for using aimbot.

These bans were on one server but PBBANS streaming means that these people are now banned on all streaming servers.

The more servers streaming means more chances to catch the cheats, and automatically update the ban list on all streaming servers.

Ultimately resulting in a cleaner gaming environment for all.

So server admins do the community a favour and start streaming please.

Ban list can be viewed here http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-view-all-ro2-bans-40.html

You may need to register to follow that link but im not sure

The link works, nice. Unfortunately none of those were the ones I encountered. But thanks for the link! :)

Upvote 0