• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

changing weapon names?

Change them in the source code, in the pickup file for each weapon, recompile as a different filename to avoid missmatches and add the new weapon pickups to serverperks.ini

Hmm, to those that know code a bit more, Would something like this work? I've used similar in my perks to change damage classes, pickups etc, as per Whiskey's Tutorial

Code:
static function AddCustomStats( ClientPerkRepLink Other )
{
	Class'ProtectaPickup'.Default.ItemName = "Protecta";
	Class'ProtectaPickup'.Default.Description = "Armsel Protecta, the improved vrsion of the Striker, 12 round revolving cylinder of 12 guage shells.";
	Class'ProtectaPickup'.Default.Description = "Armsel Protecta, the improved vrsion of the Striker, 12 round revolving cylinder of 12 guage shells.";
	Class'ProtectaPickup'.Default.PickupMessage = "You got the Protecta";
}

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ive been tryn to learn compiling and decompiling as well as coding stuff, but its still all rocket science to me....i wish there was a newb guide on this stuff,
if you could get just 1 wep to translate, instead of installing all weps from russian wep pak to make translator work, that would be a crowning acheivement.but it seems all have to be installed to work? which is a bit bothersome?
.......................thanks anyways Gents

Last edited:
Upvote 0