• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Change in KF Version possible?

Sk1n-Walk3r

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
Valhalla
So i got the global version of KF 2 online (Suprise!)
I didnt bought over the german steam store which will remain uncut after release(i guess?)
Now my question if i buy DLC's meaning DDE or the ones coming will this effect the KF version somehow and turn it to a german version? I dont know how steam cuts but i guess over the IP. :confused:

-Skinny :IS2:

So i got the global version of KF 2 online (Suprise!)...

Currently there is ONLY a global version. IF (and it is a big if) the game will be cut retrospectively for current owners, Valve could only implement this via Steam, if there is going to be a geolock (you would be affected no matter where you bought it) or if it stored your IP at the time of buying the game itself and changes the version of the game later on (afaik this was never done before).
In both cases buying the DLC should not do any difference.

Also note that the game might also remain uncut (but probably indexed) in Germany without an additional cut version, which isn't totally unlikely according to TWI. We have to wait for the full release to see what exactly happens.

Upvote 0
You thanks for that but what i mean is that valve cuts games over the IP you bought it with(or geolock as you say but that happened only to The New Order as i now best :( )
So if i buy it in germany it will be cut "If" it will be cut what most likely will happen cause you got a german IP.
If you say that buying a DLC doesnt effect the version it doesnt matter what happens to the game after full release :D :D

Upvote 0
You thanks for that but what i mean is that valve cuts games over the IP you bought it with(or geolock as you say but that happened only to The New Order as i now best :( )
So if i buy it in germany it will be cut "If" it will be cut what most likely will happen cause you got a german IP.
If you say that buying a DLC doesnt effect the version it doesnt matter what happens to the game after full release :D :D

As far as I know Wolfenstein: The New Order was not removed/changed in existing accounts, but Bethesda activated a Geolock, so that nobody in Germany could play the international version (some might already have had prepurchased the international version). Also I think that all happened in pre-release and there were more than one version (DE and ROW).

For KF you have the "only" available version already connected to your account in Early Access. It's not the same as with a Wolfenstein pre-purchase. But we can't say anything for sure before the full release.

For the DLCs though, you are safe to buy them anyways.

Upvote 0