• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Certain files does not redirect.

ArcheKruz

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
So, I made sure to compress every file using the UZ2 compressor, and put it in my server redirect, and yet certain files still have problems with the server redirection, and chose to download from the server directly, despite the file existing int he redirect. Do you have any idea what could cause it and how I could fix it?

I already have the issue, because of the lower case / upper case filename in my redirect server. Verify if your filename on the redirect is exactly the same as the file the server wants to download. If your redirection server is under Linux it can simply be that (windows web server doesn't care if it is lower case or upper case in the filename but Linux does).

For example the server needs ThisFile.u.uz2 but on your redirection server you have ThisFILE.u.uz2 or thisFile.u.uz2 and this can be the problem.

Upvote 0
Read the error log on the HTTP server. If you see 404 error's then it's probably a case-sensitivity issue and/or the file isn't seen by the web server.

If you do not see any 404 errors or any other attempt for the client to pull the files off the web server then the server most likely didn't redirect them to it. It's a known bug for older Unreal Engine games (Unreal Tournament), Unreal Engine 2.5 (The engine that Killing Floor is built around) might have the same issue.

I have not had any issues with downloading any files on my redirect across all 15 of my servers. All of which have at least one custom file that needs to be downloaded.

Upvote 0