• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

cant play

Mrdrderm

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 25, 2012
i dont know wtf is going on. when i click profile and achievements nothing happens,when i try to join a server it says unknown steam error prevented from joining,and i when i play solo i have no perks.i tried verifying cache and reinstalling the game,please halp :(

i dont know wtf is going on. when i click profile and achievements nothing happens,when i try to join a server it says unknown steam error prevented from joining,and i when i play solo i have no perks.i tried verifying cache and reinstalling the game,please halp :(

Same problem. I have no idea what's going on. Tried all the usual "fixes" as well. Nothing works. Pretty frustrating.

Upvote 0
I have exactly the same problem after the update today.
When I join internet servers I get an Steam error: "An unknown Steam error is preventing you from connection to this server. If the error persists please contact Value for support."
I can't load my "Profile and Achievements" in the KF main menu either.
Verifying the integrety of game cache, deleting KillingFloor.ini, deleting ClientRegistry.blob and replacing the MasterServer.vdf files did not solve the problem.

So I decided to host a dedicated lan server to get to know the error:
New Player Mutant id=76561197985619606
STEAMAUTH : Denied Client : SteamID [1:25353878] : SteamError 4
Close TcpipConnection xxx.xxx.x.xxx:yyyyy 07/25/12 14:33:40
Everything worked fine yesterday.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you can't view achievements on the steam page and the steam servers are refusing the connection, it's clearly a valve/steam problem right?
Yes and no. I did not notice any steam updates in the recent time, but the Killing Floor update today caused these errors.
Everything was fine yesterday, so I don't know exactly who screwed sth. up but I hope there will be a solution fast. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
for me everything is fine, but 4 of my buddies have the same problem.
validating files didn't help. 1 even tried to reinstall kf, but all didnt help.

by the way, all 4 are german. maybe some localization error?
don't know where you guys that have problems are from.

edit:
my buddies that are effected by this error are not shown ingame when they start the game.
left 4 dead 2 has a similar problem, not shown ingame also achievements page doesn't work for some people.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMutant
Upvote 0
Hello there,
The update of yesterday didn't cause this issue, but it happened after a "crash" of steam servers right after the release of the update.

So yeah it's an issue with steam itself, it's useless to reinstall the game or whatever. That's because Killing Floor uses steam statistics for perks.

Anyway I sent a ticket to steam support and they still didn't respond. I think this will be fixed to everyone, we'll just have to wait.

Upvote 0