• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can't join servers, possible GG related issue

Dolphin Buff Man

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Victoria, Australia
Hey, Im having trouble accessing servers, but luckily I have a lot of information to help with determining the cause (and hopefully a solution). :D
I recently heard about the Killing Floor Gun Game mod, which sounds sick, so it thought I'll download that and check it out. I downloaded it all correctly, instyalled to the correct locations, and then decided (bad decision) that I'd run the server start batch file that comes with the download (completely unconfigured) and found that it just gave me a failed message. I thought, well ok, im just gonna try and find a server then. I tried to load up a server from the list that appeared (just standard KF) and found that it just sat there on the "press F10 to cancel with the map name and IP address" screen.

I'm fairly sure the problem is related to the GG download.

I've also found that i can host my own internet games and p-eople can join those, but i simply can't join any matches.

Any info to revert changes from the batch file might be all that is needed to solve this issue. Cheers

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]
CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2667 MHz with 4059MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (8562)
General protection fault!
History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

This is an error message I got when I got my brother to join a server from his own account, and tried to use Steams join game function. Hopefully someone will know why this message came up...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, I have just uninstalled (after backing up in case of perk problems on reinstall) and reinstalled it again. The problem persists. I'm starting to get a bit desperate here, as I have no way of playing online unless I host. I have done numerous standard troubleshooting methods to fix this problem, and nothing has worked. I am fairly sure that something has changed in my settings, though i could be wrong.

What config files should I check if I would like to see common mistakes that could result in such symptoms?

Upvote 0
Ok, thanks for that, wasn't sure if it did or not. I checked out the file in notepad, and couldn't see anything that would break my game.

None the less, doesn't matter anymore as I have solved the problem. I had to delete a file called steam_appid that was apparently causing someone else problems a while ago. Instead of tryig to look for the cause, I just went with the symptoms, and google searching "noreconnect in killing FLoor" spat me out a solution.

Hopefully this helps anyone else having these problems...

Upvote 0
Ok, thanks for that, wasn't sure if it did or not. I checked out the file in notepad, and couldn't see anything that would break my game.

None the less, doesn't matter anymore as I have solved the problem. I had to delete a file called steam_appid that was apparently causing someone else problems a while ago. Instead of tryig to look for the cause, I just went with the symptoms, and google searching "noreconnect in killing FLoor" spat me out a solution.

Hopefully this helps anyone else having these problems...

Ahh yes, if you run the batch it loads as a dedicated server i believe, creating that file in the process, which needs to be deleted to play :p

Upvote 0