• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can someone please remake gorlitz?

Yes a Gorlitz remake would be great. At least at the beginning. Shortly afterwards, TWI "quality assurance" would set in and try to streamline everything while opening up. Making sure that newcomers know which way to go. And don't forget the mantling issues. Plus it would be beneficial if there were more trees. And the map should not require skill to advance from capzone to capzone, that would only discourage other players.

PS: the above could only be valid for custom maps that make it to an official release in a map pack, so Gorlitz would be save :p

Upvote 0
We need some big epic( combined arms) maps for RO2 just to change the pace a bit,univermag,winterwald and bridges have helped towards this aim.

I'm just wondering how big we can go with RO2 maps, as i only get lag on station for some reason, maybe some bigger maps are possible.

As for being a bit linear, yes gorlitz was but so was leningrad and berlin other epic maps.

We have some excellent smaller custom maps at the moment, im hoping for some bigger maps to get my teeth into.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We need some big epic( combined arms) maps for RO2 just to change the pace a bit,univermag,winterwald and bridges have helped towards this aim.

I'm just wondering how big we can go with RO2 maps, as i only get lag on station for some reason, maybe some bigger maps are possible.

As for being a bit linear, yes gorlitz was but so was leningrad and berlin other epic maps.

We have some excellent smaller custom maps at the moment, im hoping for some bigger maps to get my teeth into.

For some good CA we need the other part of CA down, which is the vehicular part :p Right now tanks are iffy, could use some reworks, invite system, fixes bugs, and simply add MORE vehicles including carriers and such. The infantry is really solid, all we need is vehicle love.

On the part about maps, the larger maps would be less pretty pretty because you'd need to sacrifice detail for space.

Upvote 0
Leningrad was great. However, we've got to go forward, not looking back.

There are many other battles in Stalingrad that have not been explored. In fact, most of them.
Spartanovka is the German attack in the northern suburbs of the city.

Coldsteel is the only map portraying Germans attacking a factory.

This game need to be renamed, since so few of the battles take place in Stalingrad.

Upvote 0
Yes a Gorlitz remake would be great. At least at the beginning. Shortly afterwards, TWI "quality assurance" would set in and try to streamline everything while opening up. Making sure that newcomers know which way to go. And don't forget the mantling issues. Plus it would be beneficial if there were more trees. And the map should not require skill to advance from capzone to capzone, that would only discourage other players.

PS: the above could only be valid for custom maps that make it to an official release in a map pack, so Gorlitz would be save :p

and there would be a tunnel from the first cap to the final cap but the entry would be bugged, somehow.

Upvote 0
The maps I really, really want to see in-game are Pariserplatz, Kriegstadt, Tractor Works, Zhitomir 1941, Zhitomirs Revenge and Leningrad.

Also, hopefully the guys who were making those Barrikady factory maps decide to get back on that one day. It was a very ambitious project but it would have added SO much depth to the Stalingrad theme.

Upvote 0