• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can’t play online(Xbox)

GroovierThanYou

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 3, 2023
Im new to new to this forum as I’m new to kf2 itself, for the first 2 days I played the game everything went smoothly and I was having a blast, even got the game fore some friends so I had people to play with. Fast forward now and I can’t play with said friends or play online whatsoever, I’ve tried reinstalling the game and all that stuff but haven’t gotten anywhere with it. Just constantly get a “lost connection” message or an infinite loading screen. I feel I’ve tried all the basic stuff I could try so I’m coming here as a last resort as I couldn’t get any help anywhere else.

The most likely cause is a local firewall or router that updated and has started throttling the games connection. If you are behind a network router with security on it, that is the most likely device causing the issue.
How would I go about fixing this problem? Kind of clueless when it comes to this stuff so any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
How would I go about fixing this problem? Kind of clueless when it comes to this stuff so any help would be appreciated.
It will be different per device (and you will need to consult your device manual). If you just updated the device firmware, see if there is an option to roll back to a previous good one. But most devices have some soft of allowed/ignore list that you can add things into. Details on what ports and traffic Killing Floor 2 uses can be found at the KF 2 support site located at support.killingfloor2.com

There is also a chance that if you are at something like a school campus or regional Internet Service Provider, they may be throttling connections beyond your control and at certain times of day.

Upvote 0