• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CAL Red Orchestra

CAL has been watching the development of the Red Orchestra community for a long time -- well before retail release and we would like to begin starting a league in CAL for this game. The league, at the beginning would contain only an Open division for Europe and North America.

With that being said, I am looking actively for those who would like to staff this project. I am looking for management types as well as people who are willing to do generalized support issues and dispute mitigation for us. If you feel you are interested and would be a good candidate please send an e-mail to [email protected].

Please observe the following requirements when sending e-mail to this list.

• Name (First/Last)
  • Experience with Red Orchestra
  • What do you feel would make you an ideal candidate for this league?
  • Are you applying to be the game manager (person who runs this game) if so, why do you feel you should be the game manager?
Good luck to everyone who applies. Please remember, due to the high volume of people we get contacting us, only those who are accepted will be contacted for an interview.

New leagues adding RO to their roster does not mean the old ones have to die off. There is no need to be defensive here. CAL is expressing interest in adding RO, and are wondering if members of the community would like to help. This thread will be heavily moderated. If you post off topic your post will be deleted and you might recieve a ban.

Upvote 0
We are not trying to "take over" the world with this. We simply enjoy Red Orchestra as much as everyone else does and we would like to see it in CAL and see it succeed. CAL is a league where teams come together and compete against each other in a seasonal rotation format [ you play set days/weeks ] and then there is a large-scale playoff at the end of every season with a winner being announced as the best for that particular season.

Upvote 0
I am INCREDABLY excited about this!

I have been hoping that ROO would be picked up by CAL from the day it was released.

ROO has the potential to become an excillent competative game because it requires excillent teamwork and lots of dedication and skill.

I hope that a league forms for teams of 12 players (or more :D) because I think when people see just how fierce full games of ROO are, well, you get the idea :)

Upvote 0
Ok, here is an idea to all you 12-year olds that have no idea what the level of CAL is compared to the awful TWL/OGL.

|--|----------------------------------------|--|-----|--|
TWL ------------------------------------- CAL --- PRO

CAL is controled by the PRO division, CPL. They were featured on Mtv not to long ago, and will have regularly scheduled broadcasts on Direct-TV in the not to distant future.

BTW, I would love to see Tripwire staff involved with the administration. Hell, you could do what no other games do, patch to the needs of CAL and CPL. That would bring you mucho respect from the gamer community. You already have a mIRC client in the game, why not add that top-of-the-line VoIP to its own section where friends could gather like Ventrilo or Teamspeak, of course, you could make some money their too. You might can even form a partnership with one of the already known VoIP's and put their client with their servers in the game. And last but not least, patch in a match system where all an admin has to do is activate it and it does the rest of the work for them. Like start a scrim, it basically does a Cal lo3.cfg, but tell it it's a match and it will start recording demos for everyone which will be named after both the teams, who input that info via confirmation box.

Last edited:
Upvote 0