• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bundle of weapons #1

METE0R

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 28, 2021
M30 Luftwaffe Drilling - 3-burrel shotgun. 2 - 12 Gauge, 1 - 9,3x74 mm.
The main mode - shooting is identical to the boomstick. Alternative mode - shooting from a rifle barrel.
The weapon is suitable for support and sharpshooter.

Acid Gun(from Will Rock) -
this splash damage weapon shoots acid that after a few seconds of contact incapacitates enemies, it reloads after 5 shots. An alternative fire is healing syringes. Acid not only kills enemies, but you too.
It would be suitable for a new perk - a combat scientist. (But there is no such thing, so it will most likely be suitable for a medic).

Atomic Cannon(from Will Rock) - This weapon has a slow fire rate but creates rather big explosions that enemies don't like. How straight and far the projectile flies through the air is directly proportional to how long the trigger is held down for. It reloads after 4 shots. It is advisable not to be in the zone of destruction of weapons. Causes radiation sickness. Recommended for use by those who don`t care about their lives.The weapon suitable for Demolitionist.

Crossbow with fire bolts(from Will rock) - This weapon acts as a sniper in the game that allows players to shoot incendiary arrows while scoped, it needs to reload after shooting 6 arrows. It`s use fire bolts. The weapon suitable for Firebug and Sharpshooter.

Attachments

• m30-luftwaffe-drilling-rifle-shotgun-combo-02.jpg
    m30-luftwaffe-drilling-rifle-shotgun-combo-02.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 2
  • Acid_gun.png
    Acid_gun.png
    674.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Crossbow.jpg
    Crossbow.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 2
  • atomic cannon.jpg
    atomic cannon.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Milan and gm130993
M30 Luftwaffe Drilling
This thing would actually work with all support/sharpshooter skills, i guess the weapon could be decent, it's just that im not too excited about it.
Basically you just suggested healthrower
Atomic Cannon
I don't think this would bring something new, it's just like husk cannon and blunderbuss mixed together, gotta be creative with those weapons nowadays..
Crossbow with fire bolts
I have been thinking about crossbow with magazine, like in half life:
52285.jpg

but let's consider the skills of both firebug and sharpshooter, i can see this thing as a powerful sharpshooter weapon, but does he need fire power? it would mess up headshots with this weapon, ESPECIALLY considering it's projectile weapon.
But using this thing as firebug...
i don't see much perk synergies, and in zed time this thing would be slightly OP, honestly don't try to mix firebug and sharpshooter, how would you imagine firebug doing his job(killing trash) with this?
Maybe make it only sharpshooter weapon and give it something else other than fire?
actually hold on a sec...

Last edited:
Reactions: gm130993
Upvote 0
M30 Luftwaffe Drilling : someone playing Call of Duty WWII right? ;) I think I had a similar idea waaaay back in the day. However, I kinda feel like it should have been part of the "upgrade system", assuming (at the time) that it would have been expanded upon. Because as it stands, it's really just a plain ol' boomstick with a rifle round. So maaaybe we could take the very bold road of making it a sharpshooter-only gun ? That way you could still deal some pretty gnarly damage at any ranges (possibly similar to a crossbow bolt in damage, so obviously not as insane as the Railgun/M99 but not too weak either, you should still be able to kill most zeds in one hit). Meanwhile, you'd have a very potent CQC option. I'd see it as a sidearm more than a primary, personally. And considering the basic boomstick is "only" 4kg, you could still use the Railgun as your main damage source (but not the M99... Which only allow the .500 to be carried alongside it!)

Acid Gun : We had half a million suggestions for a scientist perk, most of them pretty interesting ! But considering I wouldn't know on which of those versions you'd base your gun on (or even if you have a specific version of the perk in mind), I'd consider the gun for the medic and... Blowerthrower much? That weapon was absolutely ATROCIOUS in the first game, but not only were you unable to heal with it, but you could even blind yourself ! It's main use was to make zeds think a bloat just vomited on them, and thus direct them to the poor fat bastard. I see that you're including healing syringes this time, however, but I really don't see it like much more than a cranked up Healthrower, based more around damage than healing.

Atomic Cannon : Well if that doesn't sound overpowered! But at least I really dig the idea of a rocket traveling faster the longer you hold the trigger. The Husk Cannon kinda does that, but it's a fireball... It doesn't have the same simplistic joy of hearing a rocket go PFFFEEEEW before exploding a group of zeds into giblets. So that's a mechanic that could be implemented, maybe as a counterpart to the RPG-7 (which fires instantly, but that new challenger could have more rockets loaded? Have a bigger blast radius?). Not very fond of the rest however... Radiation Sickness? Medic's poison is already a love-hate relationship for players, considering zeds often "panic" and are difficult to headshot... Plus, why do you think Destroyer Of Worlds got nerfed? Having a weapon that can trigger nukes whenever you want sounds like a brewing disaster.

Firebolt Crossbow : Well, I did come up with a compound bow with explosive, regular and fire arrows at same point (so a triple crossperk, wooo !). And I do like the idea of having a crossbow with a larger mag. But honestly...? I kinda don't see such a weapon in the hands of a firebug. It really don't seem like it would be right up its alley. Sure, you can always tweak it so zeds leave lingering fire or something... But the perk is obviously NOT about range. It's about crowdcontrol. And I kinda don't see how a crossbow would do that (I mean... Even the Crossboom is better at picking up specific targets at range). And giving it to the sharpshooter would pretty much be a pretty straightforward, not very interesting upgrade to the regular crossbow. Even with less damage, it would feel like a crossover between the regular Xbow and the M14 EBR. Not a bad idea per se, just not a compelling one.

@Milan gotta love Half-Life weaponry... That crossbow is smexy as hell ! Although somewhat unfit for the HL universe. It's just too clean :p

Reactions: gm130993 and Milan
Upvote 0
@Aleflippy, i was thinking about something between half life's 1 crossbow and fictional "auto-cross" from far cry 4:
maxresdefault.jpg
75ed5ba18f07037bc57129f0a43505cc.png
like a custom weapon with simmilar attachments system you've seen in my USAS post, you could turn it from backup pistol to primary weapon if you buy stock, laser, different types of scopes, extended magazines and tranquilizing bolts that would slow down zeds and apply stun power over time.
Tho i forgot to mention that you can buy limited amount of attachments, so not only this weapon would be customisable, but each time you can buy different set of attachments.
And in the future, in kf 3 maybe, if there will be crossperk weapons, there will be also specific attachments for each perk, like, you can buy m16 as a commando, but you can only attach m203 to it if you're demo, something like that, perk-specific attachments and skills that unlock them, for example, skill for faster reloading will also unlock grip attachments for commando.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Aleflippy, i was thinking about something between half life's 1 crossbow and fictional "auto-cross" from far cry 4:
View attachment 2337008
View attachment 2337009
like a custom weapon with simmilar attachments system you've seen in my USAS post, you could turn it from backup pistol to primary weapon if you buy stock, laser, different types of scopes, extended magazines and tranquilizing bolts that would slow down zeds and apply stun power over time.
Tho i forgot to mention that you can buy limited amount of attachments, so not only this weapon would be customisable, but each time you can buy different set of attachments.
And in the future, in kf 3 maybe, if there will be crossperk weapons, there will be also specific attachments for each perk, like, you can buy m16 as a commando, but you can only attach m203 to it if you're demo, something like that, perk-specific attachments and skills that unlock them, for example, skill for faster reloading will also unlock grip attachments for commando.

Well yeah, all that sounds fine and dandy, but the reliance on attachments sounds like something that could only work with an improved upgrade system. Not super fond of tranquilizing bolts though, mostly because the Sharp already has the Compound Bow as a "debuff" weapon (and can stumble or stun zeds upon headshots)

Reactions: gm130993 and Milan
Upvote 0