• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bserker controls.

Hi.

I want to come back to this game, it has amazing potential. One other reason is, the veraibilaty of weapons anc such.

Though I have one request from the devs:
- Is there a possibilaty to give us the space for adding manual controls for bserker?
Right now, to hit a specific swing (left, right swing, overhead), you must combine it with asdw which is not practicle in my opinion. Ive looked in the .ini files for setting it up on seperate keys, but I cant find it. So, can the dev please give us the option to add swings on keys just like in chivalry ?
I play chivalry:deadliest warrior, and the controls there are very good.

Just this setting would bring me back to the game, but right now I dont want to because picking bserker doesnt feel right to me. I dont have full control. You move constatly from left to right because zeds attack you, so making swings combine movement isnt a great idea imo.

Other things would also be welcome like:
- Limiting mousesensitivity when swinging
- Increase hitbox from the sword so we can do reverses. (the game has a deadzone in the swing, it doesnt hit target instantly, but only in the middle of the swing. Its hard to explain.)
Basically someting like chivalry.

However, is there some mod that already done this ? I would try it out too.

Thanks

Lol it would be pretty awesome doing reverse overheads on zeds, although there wouldn't be a point as they can't predict your attacks.

That point aside, the melee controls in this game are pretty easy to use once you adapt. You only need to hold down the movement key for a fraction of a second while you perform your attack, and it works pretty consistantly. I tend to move around a lot while swinging anyways. It actually feels better than chivalry's melee system to me, although not better than Vermintide. But that's beside the point.

Upvote 0
Id actually like KF2 a lot more if the melee controls were similar to Shadow Warrior 1 (not the classic one). To where you can control your swings with actual precision and it was overall satisfying to swing around a sword.

There is also different settings which controls how advanced you want the sword controls to be. Basic is like kf2 but with random directions. But Advanced would make the controls require you to be precise.

Upvote 0