• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Brothers in Arms?

I have played it a bit.

Just as a warning, I think it has some of that 'StarForce' antipirating software attached (I think that is the name) that most people seem to hate.

It is ok. It allows you to control your squad, which is really very good although difficult to control sometimes. That is probably the best part. :) First person, well it is hard to control your aim. Whereas RO has just the right amount of sway when you are aiming, BIA EIB is sometimes almost random and hard to control. VERY ANNOYING :mad: . Also no leaning or going prone. You almost have to go into the open to shoot around things. Unlike the first BIA, it does have a practice mode or short skirmishes which are nice if you don't want to play the campaign.

Bottom line is that its good if you want to control a squad, command it to flank, lay down suppressing fire, etc. You just have to get over the aiming bob and weave.

Someday I will finish it, but have been busy lately (RO) :D

Upvote 0
=GG= Mr Moe said:
Just as a warning, I think it has some of that 'StarForce' antipirating software attached (I think that is the name) that most people seem to hate.
Oh ffs.

=GG= Mr Moe said:
It is ok. It allows you to control your squad, which is really very good although difficult to control sometimes. That is probably the best part. :) First person, well it is hard to control your aim. Whereas RO has just the right amount of sway when you are aiming, BIA EIB is sometimes almost random and hard to control. VERY ANNOYING :mad: . Also no leaning or going prone. You almost have to go into the open to shoot around things. Unlike the first BIA, it does have a practice mode or short skirmishes which are nice if you don't want to play the campaign.

Bottom line is that its good if you want to control a squad, command it to flank, lay down suppressing fire, etc. You just have to get over the aiming bob and weave.

Someday I will finish it, but have been busy lately (RO) :D

Swaying aim, ill deal with it, bob n weave isnt needed :) Real nice reply m8! I'll probably buy it after i get a new pc... Heh.

Upvote 0
Screw the wait, im bored of CoD:UO for the time being and my pc runs RO like a sack of ****. So i need another game to play for a while, Hells highway will force me into building a new pc anway. Which i am doing in the next few weeks/months/years/etc...

EDIT: Just finished downloading EiB demo, gonna have a bash on that see what its like. Cheers for the heads up on the HH release.

Upvote 0
BiA's gameplay, allthough quite neat on the paper, is too repetetive. You might not motice it in the demo, but when you play through the full version, you defnately will. Also, it is terribly linear, so every engagement has only one or two intended ways to approach it. Not much room for tactics there. For example MG positions: They are impenetrable from the front and rip you apart in seconds. But every single one of them has a way to outflank them which you can reach without getting fired at, and leads you back to your main path just behind the MG position.

Basically, you got four different scenarios:

1) One enemy squad: One of your quad's lay out a base of fire to suppress, the other one flanks.

2) Multiple enemy squads: Both squads lay down fire on different enemies, and you flank yourself and finish them off.

3) One enemy tank: You park your quad somewhere out of harm's way, run for the ammo crate with Panzerfausts (which only are there if you encounter a tank anyway) and finish him off by yourself, or simply run up on it and drop a nade through the hatch.

4) Defense: Sometimes, you land in an inforced position. Set up your squads to cover both flanks, and man the MG to blast away the enemy.

The only enjoyable parts of the agmes are the cinematic presentation of the story, and the extras you unlock.

And I recommend playing it on the hard difficulty with the hud completely turned off (no supression indicators etc), to get some thrill out of it.

Upvote 0
Haven't played EiB, but I really enjoyed the first BiA. The game, although it has a couple of negative things, offers very realistic gameplay and that's why I enjoyed it so much. If you read experiences of WWII veterans you will notice that war isn't about killing multiple enemies at the same time and ramboing your way to victory. You just want to take cover, become as small as possible and hope you will survive this mess. War is tough, and imo BiA perfectly captured this into fun gameplay.

It's all about flanking, suppressive fire, taking cover. And it's a difficult, but challenging game. Just try to go Rambo through the maps. You won't survive.

Biggest downside is the AI though. They were so dumb sometimes, that they made me lose levels. I like challenging gameplay, but if the friendly AI is the reason for my defeats my bull****-detector goes off. Out of pure frustration I uninstalled the game. Still, I think it's one of the best WII games around. Can't wait for Hell's Highway. It's set in Holland! :) Take a look at the screenshots and movies, it really does look like Holland in '45. I just hope they'll fix the AI.

Upvote 0
Whereas RO has just the right amount of sway when you are aiming, BIA EIB is sometimes almost random and hard to control. VERY ANNOYING

I presume you have not played BiA on console? Since in PC version you can very easily mod all those sways off if you are not skilled enough to control it. And how come if it is not hard to control it with a pad, how it can be hard to control with a mouse? o_O

And also, they "nerfed" the sway in EiB. There is barely any sway left.

I really liked Road to Hill 30 but think they missed with multiplayer... what keeps a game going.

BiA multiplayer with friend or a few it is quite fun. I once played with link cable with me, my brother, and two friend of his as BiA on console with link-cable. Damm that was fun.

Upvote 0