• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Bringing it all together!

Sent666

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2006
I am doing some simple mutators just for practice, and ran into a problem! I subclassed the Kar98Weapon file and edited some of its default properties. This compiled fine! I then subclassed the german rifleman file, and assigned it my newly edited Kar98 file. This compiled fine too! But surely subclassing isn't enough to make it work? Because it doesn't! I found out I need to bring it together using another file. This file would subclass the mutator class and assign the default properties (mutator name, description). But now I'm stumped! I'm not sure how to bring it together. Do I use modifyplayer()? Or checkreplacement? I'm not sure...:confused:

Yes, well I got this to work with my Melee-Only mutator. But I didn't use checkreplacement. I used an iterator to search through all the actors and it replace it with my own things. Go to the unreal wiki and type 'foreach' it's a type of iterator and it has a number of functions to go with it, like 'foreach AllActor()'. It worked for me....

Upvote 0