• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bring back the RO1 injuries

My feelings on injuries are as follows:
Bleeding to death should take longer
Bandaging should take longer
Injuries to locations should affect the user in some way dependent on location and severity (two wounds in the arm is worse than only one).
Getting shot should immediately add suppression effects or something that messes up your aim.
Bandaging a wound dramatically reduces the penalty but doesn't eliminate it entirely (like a 75% reduction)

This x 100

Upvote 0
Dropped gun was too easy for griefers to ruin the game with. The movement penalty is still there. Haven't you bled out yet?

I recall it being rather frustrating and only really mattered when someone on your team shot the sniper rifle/G42/MG42/STG out of your hand and used it.

The rest of the time, during gameplay, it was a YARD SALE. This game should not be about a yard sale.

Upvote 0
Leg hits definitely need to be implemented, now that the weapons are generally weaker and the movement is much faster, hitting someone only for them to sprint away and heal makes no sense. Too many times has that happened and it's silly, why have body specific damage if there's no difference whatsoever? Might aswell just have a health bar.

No idea why it isn't implemented and why they took such a huge step back!

Upvote 0
Actually, on the topic of bleeding, how come none of your are protesting that you can apparently bleed to death within a matter of seconds? I doubt they had artery seeking bullets in WW2 so if you're protesting a lack of realism you might as well start harping on about that.

You need to take some things for what they are in games for the sake of keeping them playable. Even in RO1 you would eventually become mostly mobile again given some time after a leg injury (in my experience anyway).

Upvote 0
Actually, on the topic of bleeding, how come none of your are protesting that you can apparently bleed to death within a matter of seconds? I doubt they had artery seeking bullets in WW2 so if you're protesting a lack of realism you might as well start harping on about that.

You need to take some things for what they are in games for the sake of keeping them playable. Even in RO1 you would eventually become mostly mobile again given some time after a leg injury (in my experience anyway).

Do you seriously think that changing an ultra arcadey damage system will make the game unplayable? Even health packs are more realistic than this as the damage is pretty much as regenerable as CoD at the moment. Thanks for the lecture though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fully agree...another thing dropped from RO to make way for gimmicks like unlocks...

I also agree why have a complex hit system when it makes no difference what so ever. Most likely because they where going to impliment this but ran out of tiem as they where to busy with gimmicky ideas and modes like CD and FF when time could have been spent either keeping ior adding to what really worked in RO.

Funny enough it's the bits that did work in RO that many new players are falling for.

Upvote 0