• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bosses are too hard after the last update.

TheTCREngineer;n2279695 said:
I don't think I've ever seen a robbery where a guy who got shot all over still tries to fight and isn't on the floor bleeding to death and I think that should apply to sci-fi monsters too. Angry? Yes. Getting stronger per phase? With new attacks only. Each phase should include a new attack(s) combined with previous attacks and the boss should have lower movement speed + increased knock down/stumble chance. Me and my mate have always thought bullet spongy bosses that don't differ in action are boring as hell. There needs to be improvements to make boss fights feel better.

i respectfully disagree with this, just can't see a robber the same as a huge mutant mad scientist with mechanic limbs/armor, even the description says he is extremely arrogant, so them going easy at the start makes sense, however i still think they should be mentally more vicious but have less stamina and resistance to attacks.

2click: 1 of the main reasons i see for wipes is that, not taking care of injured players, on the other hand in decent pub teams ive also seen it being completely viable with 0 medics, only medic guns. the other main reason is failing to take care of trash soon, and getting sandwiched against the boss.

DeadPlayer: indeed that is somewhat of a concern, since the shield HP increases a lot with player count, while the time he takes to catch someone doesnt change much or at all, that part could use some tweaking, a lot of the time trying to break the shield might be a waste of ammo and leave you low to finish him off.

Btw about that hans killing before he heals, anyone knows if the instakill bug with RPG is gone?

Upvote 0
random;n2279757 said:
2click: 1 of the main reasons i see for wipes is that, not taking care of injured players, on the other hand in decent pub teams ive also seen it being completely viable with 0 medics, only medic guns. the other main reason is failing to take care of trash soon, and getting sandwiched against the boss.

Btw about that hans killing before he heals, anyone knows if the instakill bug with RPG is gone?

Sure not a problem when you have players who know where to stand and understand the boss' mechanics. Unfortunately more and more I see now players that dont know these two things and die in the first heal phase. Not much you can do if a player runs away (from the boss) [and the medic] and gets slaughtered by themselves. Moreso standing in the wrong place when Pat unleashes his rockets. The medic can only do so much esp. for testmap players. :)

As for being viable with 0 medics..... lol, yeah sure - if you have capable players. But right now bosses 'can' be too difficult for "most" [casual] players.

Upvote 0
well, yeah, you can't do much against players mistakes, and i don't think making them easy enough for all casual players to kill them is the way to go.

But besides that some things still feel a bit unfair even to decent players, like the shield HP scale mentioned just now, and the constant melee barrage, i almost always buy a melee weapon offperk in case we get hans, it should not be that mandatory way of defense. of course that only works offperk as long as your teammates get a clue to get the boss attention while you are parrying.

i think coordinated incaps is a way to go too, but their current cooldown is a tad high.

Upvote 0
random;n2279767 said:
well, yeah, you can't do much against players mistakes, and i don't think making them easy enough for all casual players to kill them is the way to go.

But besides that some things still feel a bit unfair even to decent players, like the shield HP scale mentioned just now, and the constant melee barrage, i almost always buy a melee weapon offperk in case we get hans, it should not be that mandatory way of defense. of course that only works offperk as long as your teammates get a clue to get the boss attention while you are parrying.

i think coordinated incaps is a way to go too, but their current cooldown is a tad high.

Wise words. Just two more observation "...i don't think making them easy enough for all casual players to kill them is the way to go."

No but penalising the rest of the group for them being in a diff. level thats too hard is? The problem is that the bosses arent forgiving at all on sui. And on HoE they were much more forgiving than they are now.

The end game isnt about individuals its about the group vs the boss. Unfortunately with too many players needing to be carried (because of the current difficulty aspects) the rest of the group that could win usually dont.

'The pendulum of change' - Its a constant TW dynamic with their updates. When they change things alot of the time they go from one end to the other. Middle ground seems to have been "erased" from their collective dictionaries. ;)

Upvote 0
2Clicks;n2279772 said:
Wise words. Just two more observation "...i don't think making them easy enough for all casual players to kill them is the way to go."

No but penalising the rest of the group for them being in a diff. level thats too hard is? The problem is that the bosses arent forgiving at all on sui. And on HoE they were much more forgiving than they are now.

The end game isnt about individuals its about the group vs the boss. Unfortunately with too many players needing to be carried (because of the current difficulty aspects) the rest of the group that could win usually dont.

'The pendulum of change' - Its a constant TW dynamic with their updates. When they change things alot of the time they go from one end to the other. Middle ground seems to have been "erased" from their collective dictionaries. ;)

i think that is the main point, once you start losing players the only thing that can help you are defensive passives (movement,resistance,heal), and extremely good coordination and skill, and the former seems to do more than the later.

agree with the middle ground point.

Upvote 0
Not sure what RPG bug you're referring to. If it's the one where you make them ragdoll into the ceiling to insta-kill them, then yeah, it's still around. I also managed to insta-kill Hans by breaking his shield when he was in mid-air. It caused him to fly up really high and hit an invisible ceiling on the outside of Evac Point that killed him instantly. That was with an eviscerator.

I still think that the main issue with Hans is that he is so melee oriented that it makes it much more difficult for non-zerks to survive against him. I actually think the boss wave is extremely easy, but only if you go stick with a very specific set of perks. If you don't have a zerk for Hans, it becomes much harder, and much slower, unless you have the DPS to keep him down.

Upvote 0