• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Booby Trap Gap.

i am against, reminds me bf3 mines icons,

Ok so for you when a japonese and an american soldier are fighting with bayonette on a booby trap, and both have their feet on it it's logical for you that only the american soldiers triggers the grenade and die on the trap...:p

Yeah you're right, it don't remind at all Bf3 :D:D:D

Not even speaking of people planting nades in non appropriate locations, preventing you from moving quickly without having to shoot them to pass in a tight spot or stay stuck because shooting them will hit other people at proximity or even stupid people planting nades in some "strategic locations" like in front of a bunker entry while there is still some people inside, no way to get out of the bunker, shoot the nade and get damages to all people inside the bunker or run into it and die, works also if nobody in the bunker, then you need to blow up the nade to use the bunker again if you want to ...

I'm more agree with this part of your argument, some games took the part to let the side which plant the nade invincible to it, but to prevent unlogical things like japonese walk on booby trap, when they pass over it the nade explosed but don't injured the japonese, just suppress him.

Upvote 0
Ok so for you when a japonese and an american soldier are fighting with bayonette on a booby trap, and both have their feet on it it's logical for you that only the american soldiers triggers the grenade and die on the trap...:p

Yeah you're right, it don't remind at all Bf3 :D:D:D
You summarize a bit quickly my post, what reminds me bf3 is the mines icons visually speaking, I didn't spoke at all about any game mechanic or logic on this part of my post, i need to re read myself tho, only on the visual aspect of the things, HUD is already full of things, some poping up now and then breaking the gameplay when you are aiming at something and one of those comes in you direct aim line.

My point was there is enough things polluting the screen, no need for more icons to pollute it, again i said one icon will probably be ok, but once you will start to have few nades planted all around in the sweet spots, you screen will look like a teen having acne with all those nades icons all over the screen.

Never said it was logical or not, nor what i'd like it to be, i just highlighted the downsides immediately coming to my mind with such system, in fact when i see how i could exploit those displayed nades on screen like i explained it on my previous post, i rather keep them to stay as they are than having so many possible exploits and hassle with the method you suggested, it 's not realistic i fully agree, but the downsides of your method are way too wide to take it as something possible to implement on the game this way.

:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0