• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Bonzai driving tanks. Discuss.

I really don't have a short answer to that one. I've seen a Russian KV hang back too many times on krukovo, when the infantry was unable to cap.
I've also seen the tank blown up several times while driving into the trench on its own.

Basically I think the option of driving into the trench is superior to the option of nuking it from afar because it puts 3.5 more people into capzone (the tc should count for 1.5?) and you probably kill more krauts too, just for a shorter period. Several times I've seen the tank do a suicide rush and cap just before it got satcheled.

As for whether its better to drive around or stay in one place when you're in trench I guess it depends. If enemy sapper is good then you'll get blown if you stay in one place; if enemy ptrds are good you'll get blown if you drive around. Both options can work as long as you stay in cap and kill infantry, guess the option of staying in one place and nuking the infantry is somewhat superior most of the time.

Best wishes,
Daniel.

Upvote 0
i laughed when i heard this. i mean if your aim was to distrupt us (us the infantry) then a well placed he shell distrupts us a hell of a lot more then some crazy tank driver running around in our lines. anyone reading this imagine your lieing in the cold hard snow and suddenly this random tank starts driving around. eithier an anti tank gun nails it or a bunch of infantry just stay in the building s and bunkers and trenchs. now imagine your lieing there and a bomb goes off next to you kill your friend and burying you in dirt and grass. your stunned and try to move but are dizzy and cannot center then the other side attacks and comes rushing down the hill geez the defensive side would get slaughtered. for the other sides defence though the whole point of tanks were to break through defensive lines and were often just driven right at enemy positions while firing like crazy.

Upvote 0