• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bolter Gun for SWAT

imnrk

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 9, 2015
It's not secret that SWAT is lacking in weapons right now. There's only so much one can do with real-world SMGs, so my personal hope is that we will get a new "sci-fi" smg in the style we've been getting so far this year. I feel like somkething not unlike the "bolters" from Warhammer 40k would be cool and fitting for the perk.

flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg

The basic concept of the bolter is an automatic weapon which fires heavy explosive-tipped rounds at a high rate of fire, and as one can imagine the effect is quite devastating. SWAT could use something like this is its T5 weapon, balanced by it's heavy weight (for a SWAT weapon) and high price point. It would deal ballistic and explosive damage, maybe split 40/60?

What are people's thoughts on this?

Yes I'm aware of the copyright issue. This is why I suggest something similar to the bolters, rather than a bolter itself. And it doesn't have to be made nearly as powerful - just an explosive, sci-fi smg for SWAT. Or anything else cool, for that matter. SWAT just needs something to make it shine.

Upvote 0
imnrk;n2331526 said:
Yes I'm aware of the copyright issue. This is why I suggest something similar to the bolters, rather than a bolter itself. And it doesn't have to be made nearly as powerful - just an explosive, sci-fi smg for SWAT. Or anything else cool, for that matter. SWAT just needs something to make it shine.

Well, the SWAT is still waiting for a T5... Or a fictional weapon for that matter.

I'm sure they'll find a way to slide in some new toys... Maybe the return of the Z.E.D. Mk.II ?

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2331539 said:
Well, the SWAT is still waiting for a T5... Or a fictional weapon for that matter.

I'm sure they'll find a way to slide in some new toys... Maybe the return of the Z.E.D. Mk.II ?

That would be one of a hell op tool to have if it would work exactly like in kf1.... A free escape card from a big zed beat up, while having them emp'd and applied extra dmg.

Too bad i dont have backed up suggestion for the SR3-M.
Maybe it could work as a T5, with its 9x39 low recoil high rate of fire that packs more punch than the 9mm in the vector.

Or pp-19 bizon for the sole reason of having 128 bullets in a mag xD

MP5 with 10mm ammo would most likely fit the T5 the most.... Only problem is that we already have an Airsoft mp5 in T2.

Upvote 0