• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Excuse the strange thread title, but I'm going crazy. The game's out, and I don't have a credit card. Eesh. Moving along though, I'm curious concerning my current specs (don't worry, because of Oblivion I'm getting a wicked rig later). My Laptop is the following:

Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz with Hyperthreading
512 RAM
ATI Radeon 9600 (64 meg)

I don't expect this to run 100%, but is there still hope (considering I tweak with the options) of running it smoothly (disregarding bugs as I deal with them). After all, I can run many other games rather smoothly, strangely enough. Sometimes, I wonder how I run stuff like F.E.A.R, CoD2, Doom 3, etc.

Yeah, I'm the guy you've seen wondering why his Laptop would glitch so much with 3.3 of RO. I still don't know why my Computer didn't like that version so much. Especially on paritcular maps. As for my new setup, it'll be:
AMD Athlon 64 3800+
2 gigs (400 MHz) of DDR RAM
ATI Powercolor X1900 XT 512 MB
550 W power supply
250 GB 7200 RPM Hard-drive
etc..

One other question I'm curious about (for all those ATI users out there) I've heard of the Crossfire edition of the X1900 cards. If I get a standard (whether it be Sapphire, Powercolor, or whatever) will I be able to dual a Crossfire with it, or will Crossfire only dual with other Crossfires?

Upvote 0
As a kind of bump and add-on here, I've got another question or two. 1) How much does it cost to get a Power Adapter repaired or get a new one? The one I have currently for my Laptop has its fan deactivated/busted, so it overheats and stops powering the Lappy. Basically I'm using an external fan to cool it.
2) Roughly how much would a Laptop that has the following specs sell for (used)?

Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz with Hyperthreading
512 MB RAM
64 MB Radeon 9600
17.1" LCD Monitor

Upvote 0