• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Biggest teamkill fail in RO2/Rising Storm?

I joined a game around mid-point on Russian team. Cap zone covered in smoke and there was somebody in the middle of it shooting an MP40 - bam, bam, bam, bam! Good job done... except I'd just executed my Team Leader.

As Russian engineer on Bridges of Druzhina, was having a perfect game, had cleared the first bridge traps without a single TK. We got up to F and rushed the building, maybe half a dozen of us in upper room as we watched the cross filling red, but then 'boom' as some friendly lobbed a grenade in our lap. Can't explain, we all just started laughing.

But then I had my moment of madness, once we took F, I had the 'genius' idea of racing over to G and clearing it out with my satchel charge. I got myself in front of the Bakery (G) and the other friendly there got shot as I arrived.

I took out my satchel and promptly got shot just as I primed it. It seems the fuse delay was just enough time for a whole bunch of guys to turn up from F, and in one single detonation, I went from having no TK's to getting instakicked for exceeding friendly fire limit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because I don't really have a preference between playing German or Russian, I often switch sides between rounds and find myself forgetting what team I'm really on. As such, I once (somewhat recently) killed six of my team with a machine gun while wondering why they were so foolish as to not fire back.

When playing Pavlov's House as engineer, I found myself on the top floor of an enemy building and decided to throw satchels to the lower floors, hoping it would explode when enemies were near by. One didn't explode until our squad leader and some friendlies were next to it.

In my first week of playing I destroyed a friendly tank, too.

Upvote 0
Most funny kill was on bridges. Not from me but a fellow Axis. Our tank was leading on the bridge rushing up. We and alot of other players decided to go behind the riding tank to move up under cover. :)

Guess what happened next? Some random german player threw without looking a live grenade on the bridge, wiping atleast 8 friendlies including me out! --> We lost our unique advantage and everyone went insane after that faulty throw.

Funny aswell; I was running on the frontlines when the map just started, when i wanted to pop a grenade in the room in front of me. Before i wanted to throw off some friendly guy runs stonehard in that room. --> I got a live grenade in my hand and there was not enough room around me to throw it somewhere off. So i tossed without looking on the map my live grenade over a high wall with in my mind '****, that's high! - Luckily that will not hurt no one'.

BAM! Got 2 fresh friendly spawnkills. I felt so stupid when i read the green lines what i have done, but i was laughing really hard. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unluckiest: Random pistol shot in general direction of enemy few meters away - headshot teamkill 60 meters away. Myself killed too.

Funniest: Iwo Jima, blowing barbed wire as usual. Just after I thrown the satchel, another player decided it'll be great to jump directly on the satchel. He then yelled about how stupid everybody is to throw satchels randomly on the ground and ragequit.

Worst: HE tank round into Rakowice bunker. Several friendlies worked hard to flank enemy and get inside; in the meantime engineer blown up the gate and I thought it would be good idea to send HE round to the corridor before defenders can react. Session ban.

Upvote 0
unluckyist it was in the rs beta, some one was useing the knee morter but didn't know what a morter was or how one worked. Fired a round in the HQ building. Hit the roof and killed him self, me, and like 4 other friendlies.

My worst, sent a HE round into 9th January squar building, took out like 6 friendlies. But I did get one Russian so it wasn't a complete waste.

Funniest I threw a AT grenade at a German tank on pavlovs house, took out a friendly with the same idea.

Upvote 0
I think it was Rakowice, with the Pillboxes on the ridge. The far left flank pillbox had one guy in it, picking us off constantly. I was engineer and had already blown the main doors to the first bunker, so I thought I would sneak over and take out the pillbox with my last satchel. No one else around, I managed to sneak all the way to the left flank, watching him still shooting out the small window. He never saw me, I tossed my satchel charge right on the pillbox, then ran back and went prone to wait for the blast. Well, apparently, some of my fellow tovarish must have spotted me flanking successfully, because all of a sudden, 4 of them ran right past me and crouched next to the pillbox. I start screaming into the microphone, "GET AWAY FROM THE PILLBOX, FIRE IN THE HOLE, GET AWA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" Session ban. I don't think I will play as an engineer again.

Upvote 0