• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Big Graphical Issue - Screen Shots Included

pavornoct

Jun 29, 2010
I'm going to list my specs first -

2.8 Ghz, Intel Core i7
8GB DDR3 RAM
1TB HDD
ATI Radeon HD 4850
Snow Leopard 10.6.4
27" iMac (New Model)

There are two problems that happen to me just about every time I play. The first is that after playing for about 5 minutes or so, a very noticeable drop in FPS can be seen, (and felt!). I'm not doing anything crazy like spamming grenades, (which, by the way, looks like that has been prevented by only detonation a certain amount of them at a time, right?) Usually, after I die, on the next map everything is back up to speed.

The second, is what looks like some kind of datamosh. It can be seen here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45967494@N08/

I've made a photostream on flickr, that way you can see the various screenshots I've taken.

This only happens after changing my settings. It doesn't matter what I change, although lately just to test it I've been using the pre-made templates, such as "Higher" or "High".

I've also had this same "datamosh" effect happen with the Bow Scope. This, obviously, renders the Bow slightly useless, lol. :p

I'm really happy I bought this game, and it was definitely worth the ten dollars :) I'd be happy to help with fixing these issues.

the same here on my 27" imac i5 2,66 quad, 1tb, 4gb ram, ati radeon 4850 hd

after playing it a few minutes the fps goes down and makes the game unplayable. before the update i had no problems playing that game.

i tested lower resoloutions, but the same problem appeared.

playing hl2, portal or team fortress 2 in highest graphic performance and resolution is no problem at all.

sorry for my english. thanks

Upvote 0
I have same problem since the KF steam patch. Game fine to begin with then will drop to a crawl as you play. Tried High, Med, Low VeryLow graphic options but does same on all. Was running smoothly on high before patch.
Also if a change any graphic setting while playing i get same problem as dicpicted in topic started screen shots.
Ive verified the gamedata. Ive tried deleting the gamedata and downloading again.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03

Upvote 0
Setting Anisotropic filtering to zero Fixed the bug for me.
Option under custom graphics.

I will try this. Anyway it is a bug and must be fixed.

I also received this pm from another Mac user:
I've been having the exact same problem. I'm running a 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB SDRAM and an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro card. The game ran perfectly before the last update but now, it lags out constantly and is entirely unplayable. Whenever a siren screams, all the monsters and players begin doing 360s faster than my machine can process and it lags me out even worse! I've contacted steam and they sent me hear, now I'm here and I can't get them to verify my account. If you could copy/paste this into your forum on the matter, i'd greatly appreciate it. All I can do is PM on here.

Upvote 0
I got a Temporary Fix.

Make a Custom Display setting and turn EVERYTHING either off, low, or none.

Put it as low as possible. Worked very fine for me, Flashlights dont shine far and graphics are lame but it works fine.

Happy gaming.

EDIT: I think the problem is Motion blur. I turned it on and the same issue came back. Try Turning that off and everything else on slowly

Last edited:
Upvote 0