• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bezerker is Underpowered

As he said everybody knows that berserker is UP. It's just a matter of waiting for his buffs at this point unfortunately.

I would like TW to at least make a statement on the Berserker class. Though to be honest, it is hard to REALLY talk about but the class without comparing it to the other melee class [martial artist] I think a LOT of the features people want in a melee class will be in the MA class. I am not saying Berserker doesn't need work, just that we might want to hold on a bit before we can really talk about it without proper context.

Upvote 0
The problem is that we don't have Dragon class yet so we can't really formulate buffs that we know don't infringe on his role. For all we know, buffing zerk's DMG resist might be an absolute no due to Swat as well. So how would you buff zerk without buffing his tankiness or whatever Dragon's specialty is going to be (probably speed-melee)? Remember that Zerk's theme seems to be more improvised-weaponry now rather than straight-up melee.

My suggestion would be to play around with the stunning & staggering, while giving Dragon much less of that ability.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd like to address the OPs statement about Berzerker not being able to stun scrakes, since that's the only specific they gave..

The closest thing to a stun ANY perk currently has available in KF2 is a momentary stagger. I can't say exactly how it compares to the stuns in KF1, such as from shooting a Scrake with a LAW, but it's enough to interrupt what they're doing, lasts long enough for you to attack again, and keeps them standing still long enough for teammates to really unload on 'em.

Berzerker can do this quite reliably. Either use the explosive Alt-Fire of the Pulverizer, or shoot the scrake with the Eviscerator.

It takes forever to actually kill them with those weapons by yourself (and you'll be in trouble with either weapon if the scrake isn't dead by the time you need to reload) but if your teammates take advantage of the opportunity to concentrate fire on it, it'll go down easy and without incident. :eek:

Really the only issue with the perk is that apparently any other perk (especially medics) can do the same just as well using berserker weapons off-perk. Perhaps the BASE amount of force / stunning these weapons do should be lowered, with Berzerker getting innate bonuses to it, until they're the only ones who can use these weapons to lock down scrakes?

Upvote 0
There has been a lot of threads and a lot of ideas thrown around about how to improve berserker with i think an upwards of 100+ comments between all of them.

I know for a fact that even between the two main threads and the 5-6 about individual skill ideas there are at least 4-5 complete ideas for reworked perk trees which include new 5 level skills as well as countless other ideas.

We really don't need another thread saying what everyone already knows, especially one with no ideas on how to improve it as well.

Upvote 0
Why not just make zerker able to stun scrakes again like in KF1? I kind of expected that scrake tactics would carry over to KF2.
As it stands now, the scrakes are more difficult than the Fps.
In any case, medic can kill a scrake much easier than zerk.

Zerk is weak now. I complain because it is the perk I always liked the most. I miss my claymore sword. The only weapon to deal with bulk zombies is the nail gun and the shovel thing (whatever you call that). But large zombies are a different animal now, so zerker is kinda azz-out if the scrake rages on him. I especially like the part where scrake rages on me and the rest of the team runs away on suicidal, or where the medic on the team does not even bother to throw a healing nade. No need to worry, scrake can't be stunned anyway, so time to give up a life.

Upvote 0
Why not just make zerker able to stun scrakes again like in KF1? I kind of expected that scrake tactics would carry over to KF2.
As it stands now, the scrakes are more difficult than the Fps.
In any case, medic can kill a scrake much easier than zerk.

Zerk is weak now. I complain because it is the perk I always liked the most. I miss my claymore sword. The only weapon to deal with bulk zombies is the nail gun and the shovel thing (whatever you call that). But large zombies are a different animal now, so zerker is kinda azz-out if the scrake rages on him. I especially like the part where scrake rages on me and the rest of the team runs away on suicidal, or where the medic on the team does not even bother to throw a healing nade. No need to worry, scrake can't be stunned anyway, so time to give up a life.

Try actually reading the replies to your thread before reposting the same complaints. :eek:

Pulverizer alt-fire 'stuns' scrakes on EVERY hit. Eviscerator primary fire 'stuns' scrakes on EVERY hit.

As for bulk zombies, all melee weapons cleave through multiple targets if you attack sideways (while moving left or right). The Pulverizer's alt fire also does AoE and will blow up numerous weaker enemies in one shot. The Eviscerator primary fire and the Nailgun (especially in shotgun mode) penetrate AND ricochet.

In your first post you claimed to be level 15 but you really didn't know ANY of this? How is that even possible?

Last edited:
Upvote 0