• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Beta 1] RO-Berezina

I think that this has been asked but The Russian underground trenches need some lighting help it is absoulutely maddening trying to get out of there I was stuck for minutes one time not good if you are holding the PTRD. Maybe you can up the ambient glow on those brushes abit and achieve the dim effect you are going for it looks good around the lights though. Spawn protections also get my vote in a few places everyone hates a spawn camper sadly I saw alot of that last night. Cant wait for B2 keep it up.

I have to wonder what your monitor settings are. The lighting is safe. Anything more and I think it is overlit but I will look at bumping it a bit more.

Upvote 0
Thank you for this map!

The immersion and scope are amazing. Assaulting over open ground, with the tank shells howling overhead and the halftracks zooming up to the objectives is amazing. Instant immersion.

My first time playing, as a Russian running up to defend the first objective, I was immediately overwhelmed to see German armor heading straight for us, cannons firing and MGs blazing. For a second I thought the best course of valor would be to turn and run... Err... Fall back (yes, that's it :D ) to the next line of defense and wait for our tanks to come up. A lot of first-timers on the map were screaming for tank support over VOIP as we got rolled over. The tankers were yelling back that they were going as fast as they could, and to hold the line. Brilliant. I teamed up with a PTRD guy in a shallow scrape and we did some damage, but the position was overrun. I could not wait to respawn.

There is nothing sweeter than using your rifle to hit a moving target on the ridgeline as the German infantry is assaulting the first defensive line. I wonder how far that might be, exactly?

Best 3rd party map, hands down.
One of the best CA maps in RO, without a doubt.

Again, thank you for your efforts Slyk. They are most appreciated. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Upvote 0
First off, gret map :)

MY onyl gripe with it, after playing as both russian and axis, is that the village CP doesn't feel "right". It's all those fenses forcing people to go out on the edges... doesn't feel right at all. How about making the cap zone a lot larger, spanning the whole village? And making som parts of the fenses blowable?

Only part of the map I saw room for improvement in.

(and yeah, a lot of "small" stuff too, but those have already been mentioned :) )

Upvote 0
One thing about performance. For some reason I get extreme lag spikes in this map, Ill be running it at around 40 fps with action going on, and then for some reason my fps will drop to about 3 or 4. It'll stay like this for 20-30 seconds and then as I've moved on it goes away.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

Upvote 0
I would be fine with the T60 behaving like your proposed BT7 in this map, as long as you sprayed it with BT7 Prototype. So people arnt like "omgz what happened to the t60?".

Think how big russia is, i'm sure some squads did feel very alone, perhaps not on a major defense line like the one modelled on the map but still i'm sure the massive spaces of russia often induced a lonely feeling, being able to see for miles and miles.

i have a question, what is it with the present engine that prevents us from having 64 players, would it create unbearable lag?

Upvote 0
One thing about performance. For some reason I get extreme lag spikes in this map, Ill be running it at around 40 fps with action going on, and then for some reason my fps will drop to about 3 or 4. It'll stay like this for 20-30 seconds and then as I've moved on it goes away.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

Where on the map, and when you get the FPS drop, what directions are you looking at. Any screens would be helpful.

T60/BT7: We joked about putting something like:
"Enter the BT7 Prototype. Yes, we know it looks like the T60 but it has all the characteristics of the BT7 and we need to test it in public play. Our model maker broke his arm trying to avoid sex with his wife and our skin maker got glass in his eyes so please work with us on this. If you can't hack it, find another map to play. Love, hugs, and kisses, the AHz development team.".

We thought it might get a bit wordy for on-screen display.

Beta2: I think maybe today. The T60/BT7 is in and working but we need to verify that auto-downloads will work properly and I want one last look around for little stuff.

Upvote 0