• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Being a Machine Gunner

Wodin

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2006
Liverpool UK
Taking on the role of support with a heavy MG is a role I really enjoy. The other day I managed to protect a tank from any potential infatnry trying to sneak up.

The problem I have is that as your further back you dont get involved with the actual taking of an objective which menas you hardly score at all.

How about that role getting more points for kills?

Welcome to RO. :)

The suggestion that you posted is a bit flawed unfortunately. Being class biased in awarding points would really screw up the balance of the other classes represented in the game.

Why should we award more points to a particular class just because its harder to score a kill? I think that the different classes all have their difficulties and specific tactics that need to be used to score. Therefore it really is about how you play the game. If you find as an mg you are not scoring any kills...try setting up at choke points but the important part is being a supporting element to your squad and keep the enemys head down.

Next time when you play, dont pay attention to the scoreboard, it really doesnt mean anything because certain classes will almost always have higher kill ratios on different maps.

Upvote 0
But you only get 1 point a kill. Those that go onto assault the objective get ten.

When Ive played in another role I easly get 40 points upwards. As a heavy MG I get about 10.

I understand about not taking any notice of the scores however Ive heard poeple mention that those who get low scores arent playing a team game. So you get unfairly judged.

Upvote 0
Well you can't change some People who wear Hats which are too small for them (hurts da brain). I usually get excess of 50 Points with an MG, on StealingradKessel i usually get about 180. It all depends on the Map, some end with the Highest Player having 26 Points.

Once can't expect to get more point because of a Class, it all depends upon the flow of the Game. There is only one Tip i can give you: Setup in a Capzone which your side can recap when its lost, or setup behind your assault Team in the Capzone. Though thats not always possible.

Another Way to "earn" points is resupplying your Fellow MG Mates, i don't know if you know about it but you can also resupply a fellow MG Gunner, without loosing ammo, dunno if this a Bug though.

Upvote 0
Honestly I've never heard that argument when I played of being judged by not scoring enough points. I guess that really depends on when and who you play with.

But try to understand that the point of the game is not to score points. Certain classes will always have a higher score count (those that do the assault and capture buildings) btw if you capture a building you get 10 points automatically. And you can do that with mg too.

It really is about how you play the game. I've seen people with mgs score higher than most classes but thats because they have found a tactic that works for them...like covering a bottleneck in a map or cutting off a certain street to the enemy will usually rack up kills.

So if you arent satisfied with your score try adjusting your tactics. Instead of sitting a fair distance behind tanks and providing cover for them try to assault with the infantry and provide them support. I can almost guarantee you will see your score improve.

Upvote 0
I personally don't look nor care about the points I score when playing.

All that matters to me is that I help my team obtain their objectives..that comes first and foremost.Score comes in dead last in my priorities.

This game is all about teamwork and helping each other complete the objectives..not who has the highest score on the map.If you want to worry about score the go play CS:S or the COD series.

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
Well you can't change some People who wear Hats which are too small for them (hurts da brain). I usually get excess of 50 Points with an MG, on StealingradKessel i usually get about 180. It all depends on the Map, some end with the Highest Player having 26 Points.

Once can't expect to get more point because of a Class, it all depends upon the flow of the Game. There is only one Tip i can give you: Setup in a Capzone which your side can recap when its lost, or setup behind your assault Team in the Capzone. Though thats not always possible.

Another Way to "earn" points is resupplying your Fellow MG Mates, i don't know if you know about it but you can also resupply a fellow MG Gunner, without loosing ammo, dunno if this a Bug though.
Screenshot of 180 score, please.

Upvote 0
Wodin said:
........which menas you hardly score at all.

How about that role getting more points for kills?

There is a score system in place?
I thought I was trying to help my team win the battle. The score is that we didn't die or get sent to a POW camp

;)

In my honest opinion - there should not be ANY INDIVIDUAL SCORES DISPLAYED!
Just the TEAM SCORE!
Think about it.
No-one fights alone (unless your in practice mode)

Upvote 0