• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bayonet Kills

Unless your bayonet is serrated, which it isn't, you realistically shouldn't have a big problem getting in and getting out quickly.

Also, being able to stab quickly does not at all make the game 'arcadey'. Having a cross hair in your screen with super fast movement and no recoil does.

Bayoing 3 people in a row one after the other is kinda bs. A bayo isn't a sure kill in life and im sure the first or second guy would have gunned you down.

Upvote 0
Bayoing 3 people in a row one after the other is kinda bs. A bayo isn't a sure kill in life and im sure the first or second guy would have gunned you down.

It's not really bs though because that sort of thing happens when little attention is being paid... Just like sneaking up on a room with 5 germans and casually shooting them without anyone bothering to look what all the fuss is about until they get a bullet in them.

Louder foot steps and a proper stamina system that has been requested constantly be people, would balance it out.

Quite frankly though, it would balance out alot if people bother to check over their shoulder abit more rather than being stuck in tunnel vision constantly.

Upvote 0
I had a crazy bayo spree in RO once. I shat bricks by the end of it, as I'd hipshotted one Ivan outside a hut, dodged friendly Stug HE shells in the nick of time, stabbed a guy downstairs, dodged a nade coming down from a second one who'd escaped, stabbed him and went into the next room stabbing two more, the third one - with a PPSh - took note of me, finally, sprayed a magful of ammo over my head as I'd gone into a crouch, reloading. He wounded me, but I managed to hipshot him as well.

One of the most three vivid memories from RO1. Can't remember the name of the map, but it was a custom with Germans attacking a small village first, in SdKfz's, and then fighting for the rest of the town with a round tower in it.

Keep your head about you, otherwise you deserve to be shafted thus.

Upvote 0
It's not really bs though because that sort of thing happens when little attention is being paid... Just like sneaking up on a room with 5 germans and casually shooting them without anyone bothering to look what all the fuss is about until they get a bullet in them.

Louder foot steps and a proper stamina system that has been requested constantly be people, would balance it out.

Quite frankly though, it would balance out alot if people bother to check over their shoulder abit more rather than being stuck in tunnel vision constantly.

Ah, you mean the zoom. ;) A marvelous feature, no?

Upvote 0
So earlier I was playing on apartments, and I ran out onto the balcony at the propaganda house and bayoneted three germans in a row. one not paying attention, the other caught off guard, and the other saw me the whole time and was firing but did not critically wound me. this was all under six seconds. i bandaged myself and kept going (a whole separate problem)

now, it might've been a bit of an ego boost.. but surely i was never able to do something like this in RO1. i think there needs to be a be of a delay when you hit someone with a bayonet, before you can use it again. i mean, if your knife is in someone, it takes a while for you to pull it out again right ?

it's these little things that make RO2 seem alot more aracadey than it claims itself to be : (

In RO1 I would frequently sneak behind enemy lines and ambush several enemies at a time without getting scratched. That said bolt action was even more effective in RO1 because SMGs were much more inaccurate and hipshooting was easier.

Upvote 0